[PLEASE HELP] HM901 + Balanced Amp Card + CIEM + "Rx Mk3-B+"?
Nov 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wannapattc

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, please help me out as I'm an amateur...

I'm currently owning HiFiMAN HM901 with Balanced Amp Card and CIEM, I would like to know if I should purchase additional Portable AMP (ALO Rx Mk3-B+ or etc.) would it help improve the sound quality of my CIEMs?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't see a point of adding the ALO. The balanced card itself is already great sounding, nothing much to improve by double amping.

Nov 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #4 of 7
  Thanks a lot for the help ClieOS. In a case that I would like to further improve my sound system, do you have any advise?

Once you have the HM901 with balanced card, there is almost nothing to improve upon for a portable rig as far as SQ goes - at least I have yet to hear a DAP that can take on HM901 with balanced card.

Next stop, desktop rig...

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 7
  I am new to this subject but wouldnt the IEM card be a better choice ? he is using a CIEM?

Maybe, but I have never used the IEM card and the consensus among those who did try the two seem to indicate that the balanced card is still a better overall card. The OP already own the balanced card, so no need to spend money on something that could be just equally good. Remember that the main benefit of the IEM card is that it will have lower gain so IEM won't get too loud and the noise floor will be lower. If those are not the problem in the first place, then you don't want to fix the no-problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back