Pocket-size amp to go with LCD-2, $300 budget - is there such a thing?
Nov 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Matty87

New Head-Fier
Hi guys

Planning to buy the Audeze LCD-2 this week along with the Fiio X3 Player.

What i want is an amp that will fit in my pocket and that will not be too much bigger than the X3 Player. Willing to spend up to around the $300 max if possible.

I don't need to have the best sound ever - as long as the sound i get will still be fun and a BIG step up from a Denon AHD-2000 out of an iPod.

So far i have considered the iBasso PB2 ($369 in Australia), JDSLabs Objective 2 ($200 in Australia, favoring this at the moment) & the Corda 2 Stepdance ($359).

There are a couple of threads on this topic but they are a little out of date and not as specific as my needs.

Another one I am considering is the Fiio E12 which is very affordable at $129 - but the guy at the store laughed at me when i said i wanted to pair the E12 with the LCD's.

Are there any other suggestions guys? It's going to be for semi-portable use, mainly just moving around the house so pocket size is essential.

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 3
get a refurbished arrow 3G from the official store - for just 200$ , imho this is an utter steal and amazing value-for-money

http://www.headstage.com/Refurbished-Amps/Refurbished-Arrow-3G::10149.html?XTCsid=1cbb6249852fcd37d95efd17bd711cd2

great amp , ultra-slim , pocket size , a great amp at a great price.

I had the 1G , upgraded to 4G (4N) and really i am in love with this little bugger

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back