Possible portabe amp./ headphone upgrade for M-80´s.
May 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Slatexx

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I am new on this forum, I have been reading it for a long time tho. Almost 1 year ago I bought a pair of M80´s (I took the advice from the review post at this forum) and  I consider those are the first pair of headphones I bought caring about sound, I am very very happy with them. I like they fit with a wide range of music provided that I listen to a wide variety of music(mostly house,electrohouse, deep house, trance, rock, alternative-rock, indie, acoustic ; also other stuff like justice, daft punk etc...I also care a lot about vocals).
Lately I have been wondering if there is a good upgrade for this headphones or if it´s worth to get a amp/DAC to get better sound, I don´t know much about audio but since I am an electronic engineer I pretty much understand the frequency plots, gain etc..And so I noticed that the frequency response is pretty good for the M80s (from what I know).
Still as I said before not really know about audio, I want to learn more tho. As device to play the music I mostly use an Iphone4S, waiting for the 5S, sometimes I use it with a computer but not too often.
So having said all that any ideas? I am open to the purchase of a amp/DAC-headphone combo that fits those characteristics.
Talking about bugdet I guess I am willing to spend around 200-500$, if there are other more expensive options I would like to know. Finally just say that I would like them to be portable, I understand that is difficult with that requirements, I don´t mean them to be on-ear and as light as the M80´s, but still, the best possible.

PD:Any posts to learn about audio components? (doesn´t have to be too basic, know how variety of amplifiers work)

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back