Qables appoints a local US reseller!
May 18, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #46 of 71
Thanks to everyone asking questions regarding iPhone LOD cables. Shortly I will announce when I will have them in stock!!

Thanks for your patient. You will soon be rewarded~

Craig Sanborn

Jun 22, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #48 of 71
I recently got some questions so i would like to post some clarification.

First:
The iPhone cabels are compatible with iPod (or backwards compatible), meaning the iPhone cables can be used with iPods as well.

The iPod cables are not compatible with iPhone (not upwards compatible), meaning the standard iPod cables cannot work with the iPhone.

Secondly:
The iPhone cables are a little more expensive because there is some more (tedious) work involved to make the right connections inside the dock connector.

Thanks.

Hans

Sep 2, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #53 of 71
I wanted to let everyone know that I'm restocking iPhone Silvercab Pros!!

Please contact me directly if you need assistance!!

Thanks,
Craig Sanborn
Whiplash Audio

Sep 3, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #54 of 71
I have had some questions hence the clarification:

When a Qables LOD is plugged into the iPhone, it will display a message.
The message will say that this accessory is not intended for the iPhone and it asks if the airplane mode must be turned on YES/NO.

You can simply answer YES or NO whatever you like and thus discard the message. Either answer will then de-activate the audio on the iPhone speaker and activate the signal to the line out on the dock connector.
Once the cable is unplugged the dock out will be automatically de-activated and the iPhone speaker will be activated again.

Our iPhone LOD's are confirmed working on all iPhone version up to and including 3G software 2.0.2.

Rgds Hans.

Sep 5, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #55 of 71
Thank the audio gods for Head-Fi and its sponsors... I have been an AV enthusiast for years but only recently moved towards a better audio experience when using headphones. I've always felt I bought products that served my needs very well. Suffice it to say, until I started reading this forum, I never knew what was out there.

Earlier today I purchased an iPhone compatible Performance series LOD from Craig. So far the process has been very smooth. Based on other responses, I expect it will arrive quickly and I'll be very satisfied with it. Craig's communication has been great and I will have no concerns with ordering from him in the future.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next level of improvement from my new Qables product! May the games continue...
beyersmile.png

Sep 6, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #56 of 71
wow... Thanks for the kind words!! Your business is very much appreciated!! You will not be disappointed and I look foward to working with you in the future!!!

Thx,
Hans

Sep 26, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #57 of 71
Just a quick update - I received my Performance series iPhone LOD last Friday (Sept. 19th) and started putting it through the paces with my Mini^3 amp. Everything sounds fantastic so far, although I was puzzled by the warning that appears on the iPhone when the LOD is plugged in. I then remembered the post that indicated this was normal and that the warning could be ignored without having to put the iPhone into airplane mode.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f75/ip...3/#post4012349

Out of curiousity, is there a known cause for this and is it something that will be corrected for future generations of iPhone LODs? I know it doesn't seem to affect the operation and/or sound quality, but a minor annoyance regardless.

Thanks again for providing a quality product that does what it's supposed to.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 26, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #58 of 71
This message will appear when 3rd party devices are connected to the iPhone. Apple does not release what it will or will not change. In addition, this message is also a safeguard for those devices that should not be connected and acts as a warning message.

So I guess it's out of our hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentXXL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a quick update - I received my Performance series iPhone LOD last Friday (Sept. 19th) and started putting it through the paces with my Mini^3 amp. Everything sounds fantastic so far, although I was puzzled by the warning that appears on the iPhone when the LOD is plugged in. I then remembered the post that indicated this was normal and that the warning could be ignored without having to put the iPhone into airplane mode.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f75/ip...3/#post4012349

Out of curiousity, is there a known cause for this and is it something that will be corrected for future generations of iPhone LODs? I know it doesn't seem to affect the operation and/or sound quality, but a minor annoyance regardless.

Thanks again for providing a quality product that does what it's supposed to.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #59 of 71
I wanted to clear a few things up since a few head-if'ers were confused on the new 3G iPhone. The previous iPhone LOD cables with work with the new 3G iPhone. The LOD cable has not changed. This cable with work with iPods (docking type) and all versions of the iPhone.

Sorry if there is any confusion!

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #60 of 71
I wanted to provide everyone with an update on Apple's new products and it's compatibility with Qables LODs.

The 3G iPhone works with our previous iPhone LOD cables.

The 2G iTouch ONLY works with our iPhone LODs, not our iPod LODs.

The 4G Nano still works will all LODs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back