Questyle QP1
Jan 24, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #16 of 4,272
I think FiiO is a great company in terms of hardware vs price vs quality but I've listened to a few or their devices and none have rung my bell. It's always personal but I'm pretty much off trying any more from them. 

Thanks for the linux answer. Probably best of the available platforms for this.

Jan 24, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #18 of 4,272
WAV ADPCM LPCM MP3 WMA OGG AAC FLAC APE AIFF,44.1 KHz - 192KHz,16bit - 24bit   
OUTPUT:
I noticed AIFF and AAC were mentioned, but not ALAC.  My whole collection is in ALAC.  If I buy this player, and it looks interesting, will I have to convert all of my files?  Or is ALAC support coming as an upgrade eventually?

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #21 of 4,272
  WAV ADPCM LPCM MP3 WMA OGG AAC FLAC APE AIFF,44.1 KHz - 192KHz,16bit - 24bit   
OUTPUT:
I noticed AIFF and AAC were mentioned, but not ALAC.  My whole collection is in ALAC.  If I buy this player, and it looks interesting, will I have to convert all of my files?  Or is ALAC support coming as an upgrade eventually?

I had the same question.

I'm not really in the market for a new DAP since I recently purchased a AK120ii, but from the pics, the QP1 seems to have terrific build quality, which is always a big plus in my book.

Jan 25, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #23 of 4,272
  Are there physical controls as well as the (no doube) touchscreen?

Yes, but they're not on the edge; they're on the front face, beneath the touchscreen.

Personally, I prefer them to be on the edge, so that they're easier to press whilst the DAP is in a pocket, but, as we all know, no DAP has yet attained perfection in every way.

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #25 of 4,272
  What's the different between Pro and non-Pro?

That's what I also really would like to know!
At the moment I don't think the $300 gap will only be based on a different (aluminum, silver or golden) shell...although I hope this will be the case...

@Questyle: any chance you can provide information on this, or is it too early for that?

Jan 27, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #26 of 4,272
Hi can you comment if there will be changeable amp modules/cards similar to the HiFiman DAP?

Jan 27, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #27 of 4,272
oops - sorry, I had the 901s thread open in a different tab, so I mis-posted in this one.

Hi can you comment if there will be changeable amp modules/cards similar to the HiFiman DAP?

I very much doubt that this will have swappable amp cards.

1) Partly because of the design of the circuitboard (visible in the pics on page 1)

2) Partly because of the design of the solid aluminium casework (there are no visible user-removable sub-panels)

3) Partly because this DAP uses a relatively novel and proprietary amplification topology, which is a major USP for the DAP, so there would be no point in undermining that with alternative topology modules.

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #29 of 4,272
Hey Guys!

To clear up any confusion, both Models will be available in your choice of Gold or Dark Silver (space gray).

The QP1, $599 and the QP1R, $899 (Formerly called QP1 Pro), both incorporate Questyle Audio's patented Current Mode amplification technology. In addition to the 8GB's in the QP1 and 32GB's in the QP1R, both models have 2 micro USB slots, each of which will accept up to 128GB Micro USB cards!

So aside from QP1R having more storage capacity, it will feature higher grade premium components as well and will have markedly better sonic performance. It is the QP1 Reference.

The operating system is based on Linux and this user interface is exclusive to the Questyle DAP's.

We will continue to post updates here and answer any questions we can as things progress.

Stay Tuned!

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back