RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #1,411 of 1,414
I had the option of selling my Holo Serene preamp yesterday, but I sold my Benchmark LA4 instead (I now have the HPA4 preamp). I would have preferred to keep the LA4 for my 2-channel system in the Livingroom, however, I thought the Serene sounded rather good with the Immanis and it is also good on my 2-channel system. The LA4 does not support the Immanis.

The Holo Serene is a weaker amp than in the Holo Bliss. I am going off memory, but I think I liked the Serene +Immanis over the VM-1a + CA-1a. I love this combo in Pentode mode, and it is what I have left at home.

Of course, the Immanis sounded the best for me with the VM-1a. Only issue I have with the VM-1a is that it only has 1 source input and I only have 1 unit in my office. Unlike the preamps that are in different rooms.

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #1,412 of 1,414
Hi,
I have a question regarding Chord Dave and Immanis to @Aleksandar R. and possibly @innocentblood (since he has Dave and Immanis).
According to https://raalrequisite.com/raal-1995-at-canjam-new-york-city/ Immanis needs only 1.5 Watt so...
would be possible to use Immanis with the combination of Chord Dave headphone output ( 1/4TRS Jack Headphone Output 1.4 Watt at 33 Ohm) TRS interconnect cable and interface/stand ?
It is possible Dave is able to give 2.8 Watt at 16 Ohm but I am not sure...
With regards, Martin
That statement on the website can be misleading if you don’t know to what it refers. It was a statement made some time ago about a comparison with the SR-1a/b which said when using the TI-1b interface if a SET amp could power the SR-1a/b with 6W the Immanis would generate the same spl with only 1.5W. My comment here is from memory and therefore could also be missing something important in the context.

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #1,413 of 1,414
The Bliss is designed around Susvara so whatever you're talking about regarding not enough power.
Only because something is designed to fullfill a certain job, it does not mean that it actually excels at it.

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #1,414 of 1,414
The Bliss is designed around Susvara so whatever you're talking about regarding not enough power.
Now the tube trolls came, oof.
Dude maybe cut the butthurt toxic stuff. I owned Bliss its a great amp, but its far bellow something like Envy, especially when it comes to Sus its not even close. It doesnt stop with Envy, there are amps that will be even bette than it for Susvara for certain things like Rivera and there will be dacs that are more detailed and meaty with Sus than May. Some gear is simply a step up which is often reflected by its cost. I have zero illusions about something like Rockna Wavedream Signature outperforming my May and thats alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back