RAAL-requisite CA-1a Circum-Aural Ribbon Headphone is here! @HeadAmp
Mar 16, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #946 of 1,049
I bet they do just shoot them a email, great guys and easy to work with :)

We'll see. Maybe further down the road. What I was maybe thinking I might do is a run a cable from my Lyr+ pre-amp output to the Jot A and see what that does.

Mar 16, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #947 of 1,049
Mar 17, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #948 of 1,049
Mar 17, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #949 of 1,049
Yeah, says only sold with headphones.
I'm quite certain if you call Danny or David, they'll help you out. I can't imagine them insisting you need to buy another pair of headphones just to get that interface.

Mar 17, 2024 at 2:33 PM Post #951 of 1,049
I'm quite certain if you call Danny or David, they'll help you out. I can't imagine them insisting you need to buy another pair of headphones just to get that interface.
Currently, our TI inventory is low, to the point, we don't have enough to supply SR and CA headphone sales. We're working to catch-up but, unforeseen Magna and Immanis (parts fabrication/delivery) are requiring most of our time and attention.

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #952 of 1,049
Yeah, says only sold with headphones.
I have an extra one...the older version for anyone interested...it is the same as the more recent version only a bit bigger

Mar 17, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #953 of 1,049
I have an extra one...the older version for anyone interested...it is the same as the more recent version only a bit bigger
$3000 !!!

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #954 of 1,049
These are still amazing cans they didn't go from being as good as the Tc's, Utopias of the world to now being inferior because a new generation came out. No more are Ca1a less a headphone now than d8k or Susvara or Utopia are. The new generation simply seems to be conquering the next and final tier, the three giants necks are on the chopping block. After the water has settled these will enjoy a resurgence of appreciation from new second hand owners, as these are flying in mass into the secondary market lol as was mine for a short time

Mar 17, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #956 of 1,049
These are still amazing cans they didn't go from being as good as the Tc's, Utopias of the world to now being inferior because a new generation came out. No more are Ca1a less a headphone now than d8k or Susvara or Utopia are. The new generation simply seems to be conquering the next and final tier, the three giants necks are on the chopping block. After the water has settled these will enjoy a resurgence of appreciation from new second hand owners, as these are flying in mass into the secondary market lol as was mine for a short time

There's no question CA-1a punches above its weight price-wise (especially if you deal hunt like I did), and I assume by "new generation" you're referring to RAAL's own 1995 line, which are really complimentary, like you said, going after that next level. RAAL is really aiming to be giant killers and that's honestly pretty exciting for the industry.

Between the CA-1a, the Magna, and Immanis, you really have a clear hierarchy of single, dual, and triple driver headphones. Considering how friggin good just one ribbon driver sounds, I find it hard to imagine how much better the others do.

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:10 AM Post #958 of 1,049
Mar 18, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #959 of 1,049
kind of like pretty please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back