Ray Samuels B-52's - My Home Rig - Yes With Pictures
Jun 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #61 of 66
Yes, the Lector CDP-7T/Mk III is is supposed to be a different sort of animal in true class A tube design. That would make an interesting companion to the RS B-52. I have never seen one in person, but as I recall, that model retails for a somewhat unexpectedly modest $5000.

Jun 8, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #62 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the Lector CDP-7T/Mk III is is supposed to be a different sort of animal in true class A tube design. That would make an interesting companion to the RS B-52. I have never seen one in person, but as I recall, that model retails for a somewhat unexpectedly modest $5000.

Yes...around that price range give or take a few hundred in either direction.

The Absolute Sound guys love the thing, then again they love a lot of things
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Jun 15, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #64 of 66
Ahead of the delivery of the Meridian 808.2, I have also added a McIntosh MS750 Music Server together with the a Benchmark USB DAC. I have paired this with the second B-52 as will the Meridian to allow high quality FLAC file play from the MS 300 (and it does sound good). I'm using digital, balanced output through the Benchmark to really implement the high quality capability of the MS750 particularly in light of the Stereophile Review of the McIntosh where the RCA outputs were less than optimal.

Pictures to follow.

Jul 1, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #65 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigEat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahead of the delivery of the Meridian 808.2, I have also added a McIntosh MS750 Music Server together with the a Benchmark USB DAC. I have paired this with the second B-52 as will the Meridian to allow high quality FLAC file play from the MS 300 (and it does sound good). I'm using digital, balanced output through the Benchmark to really implement the high quality capability of the MS750 particularly in light of the Stereophile Review of the McIntosh where the RCA outputs were less than optimal.

Pictures to follow.

Okay, we want pictures.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I am finding it difficult to use my 808i.2 with my Apache with the DSP5200 hooked up. Whenever I power up the 808i.2, it powers up the DSP5200 as well. If I mute the speakers, it mutes the output to the Apache. So far the only solutions I've found are to turn the speakers basically to very low volume or to physically turn them off instead of the standard standby mode they are normally in. With my old G08 I could put the remote just in front of the G08 and it wouldn't turn the speakers on but no such luck with the new 808i.2

Jul 4, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #66 of 66
I'll see if I can get some new pictures with the MS750. I've now actually replaced the Bechmark with a new Bel Canto DAC3 which is what I use with the other B-52 as shown in prior pictures. I'll take some of the new additions and post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back