RCA Cable Help
Jun 23, 2016 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ruleof72

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to reposition my headphone amp to make it easier to control while listening. Right now my amp is connected to my integrated amp through the tape out which works and sounds great, except the amp is across the room and I don't have easy access to it (no remote) to adjust volume. I'm thinking of running a long RCA cable to my listening position and connecting the amp there. That way I can sit in my listening chair, control the music through my laptop and adjust volume without having to get up.

Obviously, I want the best sound quality possible so I want some suggestions on RCA cables (15-25 feet should be long enough) that will preserve signal quality while at the same time not requiring a second mortgage to purchase
bigsmile_face.gif

Any suggestions most appreciated!

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 2
  I'm looking to reposition my headphone amp to make it easier to control while listening. Right now my amp is connected to my integrated amp through the tape out which works and sounds great, except the amp is across the room and I don't have easy access to it (no remote) to adjust volume. I'm thinking of running a long RCA cable to my listening position and connecting the amp there. That way I can sit in my listening chair, control the music through my laptop and adjust volume without having to get up.

Obviously, I want the best sound quality possible so I want some suggestions on RCA cables (15-25 feet should be long enough) that will preserve signal quality while at the same time not requiring a second mortgage to purchase
bigsmile_face.gif

Any suggestions most appreciated!

25ft Premium 2 RCA Plug/2 RCA Plug M/M 22AWG Cable - BlackProduct # 2866  $7.33 (+ shipping).
http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814&p_id=2866&seq=1&format=2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back