Recommendation for new IEMs
Mar 13, 2017 at 1:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Gaap

New Head-Fier
Currently I have Beyerdynamic MMX 102 IE that I have been quite happy with, but to my mind is quite a bit bass heavy for some music. They are of course well reviewed for the price but I just don't feel that they bring out the music (especially classical) but the signature is vague. It might be something with the fit. This has brought the attention to the shure SE-line and others which have the around ear fit. 

I mainly listen on the move with my Iphone SE (sometimes with Dragonfly Black), quite often on the train (at home I use HD650 or Fidelio X2). 

The contenders that I know I will be able to audition is Shure, SE215, SE425 (perhaps SE315). RHA MHA750i or T20i.

I would be happy for any other suggestions in this price range?  

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #3 of 5
I'm curious to see where this thread goes. I, too, am about ready to the pull the trigger on my next $100 to $200 IEM purchase. I'm most seriously looking at the SE215 and MEE's Pinnacle P1. I'm tempted by the Fiio EX1, but concerned that its partly open design won't work for me at home or the office.

Definitely open to suggestions from the group.

On a related note, last week I posted a comment on some discount bin IEMs I bought as a little experiment. None of those will probably suffice for what you're asking about, but one or two are worth tossing in your cart before you checkout with your pricier IEMs.

BTW, I own the 1More Triple Drivers, and can concur that they're pretty great. A touch too analytical for me, but perfect in just about every other way. Good luck!

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #4 of 5
I agree with others the 1More Triple Drivers are very good for the price. The Echobox Finder X-1's are another I like they are a bit on the bright side but great detail and soundstage and the new ones have iPhone controls and mic. They have three different tuning nozzles to adjust the sound to your liking also. Just a thought.

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 5
Great question - Two brands of IEMs that I love are both Shure and 1More. Looks like Niouke beat me to it! As you go up the price range, the Shures just keep getting better and better.

My personal pair of IEMs is the Shure SE846. They are a tad pricy at $1K (ouch!) but they are just so damn good. Pure neutral but completely music sound and bass that hits so hard you have to look around for the stacks of 15" subs.

1more is the other obvious play. For $99, the 1more triple driver have got it going on. You have to hear them to believe how good they are.

I have a pair of quad drivers that I will be reviewing for AudioFlea soon (I'll share it here!). I haven't tried them out yet but I can't wait to find out how they sound!! They will be coming out pretty soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back