Recommendations for me?
Mar 8, 2021 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RealNews

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi community,

Recently I acquired an IFI HIP-DAC, and was using it with my 80OHM 70pro which has stopped working after 7 years usage
My Music Tastes have changed since then towards Metal, Rock, And on occasion Electronic Music genres (House. Trap, DN) Its fair to say detailed and sufficient base is important to me however I would not consider myself a "BASSHEAD" and would still have a a preference towards vocal clarity sorry if my descriptions in regards to audio are poor my knowledge is relatively basic. Due to my current environment closed backs would be preferred however as i do have a pair of AKG K92S I can use when sound isolation is an issue open backs would not be off the table as an option open to consideration.
My budget is around 100-240 (GBP) / 138$-330$ (USD)

I have never found IEMS comfortable and have always found it hard to find a proper fit, however I have never actually got or tried anything other than (40-60£ IEMS) that i was given with limited tip options so if I can get a set that have a range of tip options that could work this could be open to consideration as well. I would be very thankful for any time or effort spent in regards to recommendations.
Kind Regards
RealNews

Mar 8, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 2
With the IFI Hip Dac which from what I have read has a very warm sound I would choose a slightly brighter headphone.

Among the full sizes in that price range I've been reading good things lately about the AKG K371.

Among the IEMs you have perhaps more quality options, especially looking at the Chi-Fi.

You can read about LZ A7, Tanchjim Oxygen, NM2 +, KBEAR Believe. Or there is Etymotic ER2XR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back