Recommended Upgrade from HP50
Dec 15, 2020 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

trivium911

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have any ideas of an upgrade from the HP50's that are similar in sonic signature, soundstage and imaging? My head is too small for the HP50's apparently since they dont touch the touch of my head, i've been using foam in between the headband and my head. I also had to stuff foam tape behind the pads behind the ear in order for them to seal properly. Ideally something more comfortable for smaller heads, i've looked at the PSB offerings and the M4U which seems like a good fit but they look like something a 16 year would wear. I've looked at the MEZE 99 Neo's but the spectrum analyzer graph shows they are bass heavy, im also not sure how the soundstage would compare to the HP50's. Im not against chifi offerings provided they sound stellar.

Dec 15, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 3
I would recommend you try out the Denon AH-D5200. I have the HP50 and think the Denons are way better but they don't have the exact same sound signature.
Hmm ill check it out, how do they differ? I really enjoy the soundstage and imaging on the HP50's most of all. Im a sucker for 3D imaging however my paradigm towers are not always practical :ksc75smile:

Edit: i guess thats my fault i should have specified a budget. I didn't realize the Denon was $900 Cad, i HOPE they sound better than the $100 Nads lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back