Review of Meier Audio Corda JAZZ with ƒƒ-technology upgrade
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #376 of 441
Thanks to everyone, Jan included, for answering my question about gain/output levels. It sounds like the Jazz will be a great match for me and my headphones. It's my next purchase!
I actually am the owner of @VRacer-111 's old Corda Jazz-ff, and I'll tell you here and now that I'm beyond pleased with it. You can see in previous posts on this thread I've mentioned that (still owe a review in here, it's coming, just busy enjoying music) while it may sound like hyperbole, it's because of this amp that I've stopped demoing other units. You can see my headphones in my sig - it powers them all with aplomb, from the very sensitive IEMs to the 600ohm Beyers, and I have zero complaints about it. When I still owned my HE-500 it was the only amp (that I owned personally) that powered it well enough to where it wasn't too "wall of sound" sounding and more lively and dynamic. I tried a lot. But, I still sold it because my neck is weak. That's another story for another thread though. Ha.

Enjoy the amp!

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #377 of 441
Received back my Meier Corda Jazz. FF Upgrade is implemented and all I can say it is worth and fully recommended.
The amp plays a tad more airy with better separation, more information in the highs and a slightly bigger soundstage.
Perfect and funny communication with Jan Meier. The whole upgrade was pure pleasure.
Very impressive presentation now (and how it looks at the moment) my endgame in headfone amps. The Corda Jazz (is even without FF) a wonderful amp and worth a full recommendation!

I sold my IFI Ican, the Jazz is playing clear better.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #378 of 441
@Jan Meier

Hi Jan.

Is the warranty on this amp transferable to a new owner?

I'm getting out of Audio gear almost entirely, which includes selling the Corda-Jazz-ff. No reflection on your product. I've not enjoyed a ss more in the past seven years.

Just keeping my CD player and a single pair of headphones. A $20,000, ten year journey coming to an end.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #379 of 441
@Jan Meier

Hi Jan.

Is the warranty on this amp transferable to a new owner?

I'm getting out of Audio gear almost entirely, which includes selling the Corda-Jazz-ff. No reflection on your product. I've not enjoyed a ss more in the past seven years.

Just keeping my CD player and a single pair of headphones. A $20,000, ten year journey coming to an end.
Private message incoming

Feb 4, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #380 of 441
Hi guys

I've had a couple of kind offers to take the Jazz off my hands in the last 24 hours.

Please note that I'm in Australia and am only willing to ship within Australia (too many bad experiences with international shipping).

I've listed it for sale on Australian eBay if there are any Aussies interested.

My post wasn't meant to be an ad. Only wanted to get an answer from Jan re warranty.

Warm regards

Nathan

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #381 of 441
FYI

Jan has responded to my question via email. The warranty is transferrable to a new owner provided they have the original purchase invoice supplied by Jan at the time of original sale.

Feb 28, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #382 of 441
Is it wrong that I'd choose the Jazz-ff over the Classic(-ff) for the form factor alone? It would look so much tidier and cleaner (read: slick) on my desk next to/stacked with my other equipment compared to the Classic. I'm getting ever closer to pulling the trigger - but which one? It's probably a cardinal sin here to choose form over sound quality. Any thoughts?

Feb 28, 2018 at 6:21 PM Post #383 of 441
I haven't heard the Classic. But my old non-ff Jazz is so good, the differences between it and my Oppo HA-1 are subtle. To tell them apart, it takes careful listening to high quality recordings in a quiet environment using transparent headphones.

Mar 3, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #384 of 441
... new phones in the house .. E-MU teak, ... wow I love this phones and what a fantastic combo with the Corda Jazz ff - :)

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #385 of 441
Is it wrong that I'd choose the Jazz-ff over the Classic(-ff) for the form factor alone? It would look so much tidier and cleaner (read: slick) on my desk next to/stacked with my other equipment compared to the Classic. I'm getting ever closer to pulling the trigger - but which one? It's probably a cardinal sin here to choose form over sound quality. Any thoughts?

Differences are really subtile - some say that the classic is a very tiny bit brighter, but I cannot proof that cause I have no classic on hand to compare A/B at the moment

Sep 7, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #387 of 441
FF doesn't change the frequency response; the sound signature is the same. FF shapes the frequency spectrum of the amp's internal feedback loop toward the audible range. This improves detail and transparency. Technically, it frequency-shapes distortion, reducing distortion in the audible band by pushing it out to the super and sub sonic frequencies. As an engineer I find it a clever idea, though how much of an audible difference it makes is subjective. Jan's non-FF amps already sound fantastic. But there's certainly no reason NOT to have it, and it may indeed improve the sound.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #388 of 441
Thank you, that certainly clears things up! I also had a look at Jan's in-depth explanation on his website.

How does the power output of the jazz compare with that of the Element? I haven't been able to find detailed technical specifications of the Jazz online. Would you have any information on how much power it outputs at 100 or 300 Ohms? Looking to power a 2014 LCD 2, HD600 and HD650.

Sep 7, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #389 of 441
Thank you, that certainly clears things up! I also had a look at Jan's in-depth explanation on his website.

How does the power output of the jazz compare with that of the Element? I haven't been able to find detailed technical specifications of the Jazz online. Would you have any information on how much power it outputs at 100 or 300 Ohms? Looking to power a 2014 LCD 2, HD600 and HD650.
I own both. They can output more than 1 watt which drives any of those headphones to ridiculous levels that will cause hearing damage. More.than enough power.
Both have excellent measurements and sound good. To my ears, the basic (non-FF) jazz sounds slightly better than the Element, but it doesn't have a DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back