Rockbox Xduoo X3
Jun 24, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #1,741 of 2,617
There are two battery types were added in last update.
Change to another type and reboot the player.
How do we know what battery type we have? I have whatever came with my player last July.

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #1,744 of 2,617
Hi Guys, I am a happy user of this great DAP. I have rockboxed my xDuoo x3 and I have to say that the sound configuration who someone posted is not pleasant to listen to. I mean, the sound config that was copied from an italian web site. That configuation makes Rockbox sound really cold, without shape... So can someone share his configuration? I have been tried to find some in the internet, but nothing at this moment.
Thank you in advance guys and have a good hearing!
H.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #1,745 of 2,617
Hello guys,
I have a rockboxed X3 and recently I've found that I can't boot with the original firmware (when I turn on the power with the player blocked nothing appears in the screen), booting with rockbox works fine.
I've also tried to push the reset button but nothings happens. Could anyone help me?
Thanks!

Jul 2, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #1,746 of 2,617
Hello, guys. I just received my Xduoo X3 yesterday, and right out of the box, I immediately installed Rockbox on it. Everything is quick and hassle-free, until I noticed something when I connected my RB'ed X3 on Windows 7. Only the first micro SD slot appears on Windows, while the second one is ignored. Normally, when you connect X3 with its stock firmware on, both micro SD slots appear, but this isn't the case with X3 booted on Rockbox. There is a way for the second slot to be recognized (via Settings -> General Settings -> System ->USB Hide Internal Drive -> Yes), but then the first slot is ignored if you use that setting, naturally. It's a bit of a hassle to boot on the stock firmware just so I could transfer files on both micro SD slots.

Does anybody experience the same issue on a Rockbox'd X3? Would this be addressed and fixed in the next update? Thanks!

Jul 2, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #1,747 of 2,617
Hello, guys. I just received my Xduoo X3 yesterday, and right out of the box, I immediately installed Rockbox on it. Everything is quick and hassle-free, until I noticed something when I connected my RB'ed X3 on Windows 7. Only the first micro SD slot appears on Windows, while the second one is ignored. Normally, when you connect X3 with its stock firmware on, both micro SD slots appear, but this isn't the case with X3 booted on Rockbox. There is a way for the second slot to be recognized (via Settings -> General Settings -> System ->USB Hide Internal Drive -> Yes), but then the first slot is ignored if you use that setting, naturally. It's a bit of a hassle to boot on the stock firmware just so I could transfer files on both micro SD slots.

Does anybody experience the same issue on a Rockbox'd X3? Would this be addressed and fixed in the next update? Thanks!

I strongly recommend that you manage the SD cards directly on windows (using a media card reader). Managing it from the X3 plugged in USB is significantly slower, and has been known to cause flaky behavior. You will be problem-free if you manage the SD cards directly on windows (using a media card reader).

Jul 2, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #1,748 of 2,617
I strongly recommend that you manage the SD cards directly on windows (using a media card reader). Managing it from the X3 plugged in USB is significantly slower, and has been known to cause flaky behavior. You will be problem-free if you manage the SD cards directly on windows (using a media card reader).
Yeah, I noticed that too regarding X3's write speed. Indeed it's comparatively slower when compared to a card reader. And yeah, I'm well aware that it's a lot better if I use a card reader, but I still want to know about Rockbox's behavior regarding micro SD slots, in which as I said above, only the first slot is recognized by Windows. This isn't the case on my Rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip, in which both the internal storage and the micro SD slot are both appearing on Windows. Sorry if I'm kinda being OC here, but I want to know if it's possible for the X3 (booted under Rockbox, not on stock FW) to behave the same as, say, like the Clip Zip.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,749 of 2,617
FYI, tomtop.com has the xduoo X3 for $50.99 right now ( use coupon code HXFXDU60 )

That's crazy cheap! I've NEVER seen lower than $73-74 at Gearbest once or twice.

Thanks to @Igor Ruzaev for posting the info.

Jul 6, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #1,750 of 2,617
FYI, tomtop.com has the xduoo X3 for $50.99 right now ( use coupon code HXFXDU60 )

That's crazy cheap! I've NEVER seen lower than $73-74 at Gearbest once or twice.

That is amazing. I miss my x3 sometimes

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,751 of 2,617
I updated to the latest version of Rockbox this weekend. There are no notable sound difference (didn't expect any anyways), but the navigation seems to be smoother. I remember in the old version the player would crash until I had to manually change the setting (forgot what it was) but that is no necessary in this version. Updating the database (I have about 15000 songs on the two SD cards) now takes minutes instead of overnight (used to take a good hour or two, so I just do it plugged in charged before I go to bed).

Can't say how grateful I am of the Rockbox. And like I said before, xDuoo owes the developer some money.

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,752 of 2,617
I updated to the latest version of Rockbox this weekend. There are no notable sound difference (didn't expect any anyways), but the navigation seems to be smoother. I remember in the old version the player would crash until I had to manually change the setting (forgot what it was) but that is no necessary in this version. Updating the database (I have about 15000 songs on the two SD cards) now takes minutes instead of overnight (used to take a good hour or two, so I just do it plugged in charged before I go to bed).

Can't say how grateful I am of the Rockbox. And like I said before, xDuoo owes the developer some money.

Wow, I think I'll finally go ahead and update my firmware (I've been hesitant to always jump on latest updates in the past).

Nah, xduoo won't give XVortex anything - it's up to the users to provide donations for his hard work.

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #1,753 of 2,617

Wow. This is a great deal. It's almost 50% off the price on where I live (at my place, X3 costs around US$ 90-100). I'm thinking of buying it for my lil' bro, so I think I consider buying from that online store.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #1,754 of 2,617
Wow. This is a great deal. It's almost 50% off the price on where I live (at my place, X3 costs around US$ 90-100). I'm thinking of buying on for my lil' bro, so I think I consider buying from that online store.

True dat. I paid $110 for mine, and it's worth every penny of that. So at $50, it's almost a crime NOT to buy it haha

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #1,755 of 2,617
Hi Guys, I am a happy user of this great DAP. I have rockboxed my xDuoo x3 and I have to say that the sound configuration who someone posted is not pleasant to listen to. I mean, the sound config that was copied from an italian web site. That configuation makes Rockbox sound really cold, without shape... So can someone share his configuration? I have been tried to find some in the internet, but nothing at this moment.
Thank you in advance guys and have a good hearing!
H.
Hi Hernan. Yes, i feel the same about that configuration. Im trying a new config with custom stereo width at 125% and custom eq at this post https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/d...esets-version-4-1-complete-user-guide.828885/. i think the sound improve a lot. greetings

PD: me parece que hablas español loco? jeje

Users who are viewing this thread

Back