Rockna Wavedream DAC
May 7, 2024 at 4:29 AM Post #347 of 371
May 7, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #349 of 371
May 7, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #351 of 371
Screenshot_20240507_052705_Facebook.jpg

May 7, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #352 of 371
Since we're talking about Rockna I have my doubts about the timeline.

However it confirms that it is another product.

Somehow this makes me mad, since I'm still waiting on announced features for the Wavelight...

May 7, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #353 of 371
May 7, 2024 at 7:51 AM Post #354 of 371
I will meet Nucu in two days and will share more info in my Munich Show Report which I'll write once I'm back home.
MK2 will release soon and the Ultra hopefully this year. The Ultra will be my next statement DAC. I'm curious about the included renderer/Roon endpoint, if it's made properly, then streamers will no longer be a necessity with such units.
Can you elaborate on the Renderer/Roon endpoint?
You'd still need a Roon core right?
Or would the Wavedream Ultra offer the Roon Core functionality as well?

May 13, 2024 at 4:30 PM Post #356 of 371
Hi ya'll. I've been following the Rockna Dacs for a while. Nice to see so many happy campers.
As many here also have experience with the WDNET, it's tine to jump in with a biggie:

I am considering getting a used (3 years old) Wavedream Net from a local dealer as a 3 in 1 solution to replace my:
1. Innuos Zenith MK3 streamer/server (i ONLY play flacs from local storage, don't use any music streaming services)
2. Innuos Phoenix USB reclocker
3. Top of the line Cyrus transport for cds

Functionality aside, those with prior experience with a Innuos Zen/Zenith + Phoenix USB reclocker combo- what are your thoughts regarding sound quality compared to the WDNET as a source solely with with locally stored files? Would the Rockna be considered a step up? Down? Would i benefit by keeping the Phoenix USB in the chain or would it become unnecessary? Dac is Holo May KTE.

I am actually very happy with my current setup sound wise but of course always looking to upgrade if there's a good opportunity.

Obviously there's also the added benefit of selling off multiple expensive power cables and interconnects upon moving to the WDNET. But my initial concern would be sound quality compared to the Innuos combo.

I may be able to try the unit at home first, but not for sure so any imput here would be very helpful.

Also, as i probably won't be using Roon (never have, never needed with Innuos), does the WDNET have a good app similar to Sense by Innuos? (which is really good).

And finally- the unit's serial number is 21012XX. Would anyone here know if this is from one of the later batches? I understand (please correct if i'm misiformed) that the newer models underwent minor upgrades..

Thanks in advance.

May 15, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #357 of 371
I just put in an SR Purple into the wavedream dac.

In case anyone is interested.. from Rockna support.

Fuses are as follows:
- Wavedream DAC: 3.15A-quick blow(230V AC), 5A-quick blow(110V AC);
- Wavedream NET: 3.15A-quick blow(230V AC), 6.3A-quick blow(110V AC);

May 15, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #358 of 371
I just put in an SR Purple into the wavedream dac.

In case anyone is interested.. from Rockna support.

Fuses are as follows:
- Wavedream DAC: 3.15A-quick blow(230V AC), 5A-quick blow(110V AC);
- Wavedream NET: 3.15A-quick blow(230V AC), 6.3A-quick blow(110V AC);
Quick-blow interesting

Btw, did you ever have the chance to compare your Rockna Stacks to dCS Lina and Bartok?

May 15, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #359 of 371
Quick-blow interesting

Btw, did you ever have the chance to compare your Rockna Stacks to dCS Lina and Bartok?

no didn't get those items in my hse.. kinda lost interest in dcs after the vivaldi apex.

May 15, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #360 of 371

Users who are viewing this thread

Back