RSA Tomahawk - Obsolete?
Dec 13, 2008 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Luckyleo

Headphoneus Supremus
Given the great reviews for the P-51 Mustang is there any reason one would buy a Tomahawk vs. the P-51? The best selling points (in a nutshell) a couple years ago when the T-Hawk came out were "big sound from a tiny package with great battery life"......Sound familiar? Looks to me like Ray has essentially eliminated the market for the T-Hawk unless he lowers the price substantially.

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 44
ibtl.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #5 of 44
I think the Tomahawk is outdated and worth much less so please sell me yours for $150 when you upgrade.

I'm kidding of course...well I do need another amp.

Just because it's not brand new and isn't being hyped doesn't make it any less of a great amp...the 51 is just $80 more.

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 44
I just got my tomahawk today and this is the first thing I read about it online?

I agree with max, coupled with the fact that the price difference is $80 which is a substantial amount, I think there's still hope for the tomahawk.

Dec 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #8 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my tomahawk today and this is the first thing I read about it online?

I agree with max, coupled with the fact that the price difference is $80 which is a substantial amount, I think there's still hope for the tomahawk.

Sorry dude! I still have, and love my Tomahawk and have no regrets whatsoever. This post certainly wasn't a knock on the unit, nor trying to rain on your parade. Enjoy your purchase for years to come
darthsmile.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #11 of 44
Another Tomahawk user and the battery life (over 300hrs+) and the ability to go down to the store and pick up batteries is a huge plus. Good luck to That Dude and burn that amp in, it will take some time as the cap is huge.

Dec 13, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #12 of 44
x2. I dont think any of Rays amps will ever be obsolete. He makes some of the best designs in the industry. Although I am getting a Mustang, I think anyone would be very happy with any one of his offerings based on their needs and budget. Happy Holidays!
Headphile808

Dec 13, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #13 of 44
yes, I asked myself (briefly) the same question when I got my Pico, and kept the TH due to a number of factors, including but not limited to battery life, sound, size, and how it mates well with some IEMs.

Dec 13, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. I dont think any of Rays amps will ever be obsolete. He makes some of the best looking in the industry. Although I am getting a Mustang, I think anyone would be very happy with any one of his offerings based on their needs and budget. Happy Holidays!
Headphile808

Fixed

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:02 AM Post #15 of 44
I was surprised to find that there was a much smaller improvement in SE530's when compared on Tomahawk vs. Mustang.

The Westone 3's however, came alive when they were fed by the Mustang.

Works out pretty well:
2 rigs
Tomahawk / SE530
Mustang / W3

If you're running SE530's I believe the Tomahawk is still an attractive option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back