Save the date: a Sennheiser CES debut
Jan 22, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #256 of 307
Pretty sure we're in the Consumer Division thread and this 490 Pro is from the... pro side? The original Sennheiser side.
Apparently it measures/sound like an HD 650.

I didn't wanna make a new thread is all. See here (timestamped for 12:12):

Oh wow another snore-fi tier headphone....

Jan 22, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #257 of 307
Pretty sure we're in the Consumer Division thread and this 490 Pro is from the... pro side? The original Sennheiser side.
Apparently it measures/sound like an HD 650.

I didn't wanna make a new thread is all. See here (timestamped for 12:12):

Just seen this video, but it's been pulled out from all retailers who had them. It's another messed up launch I guess...

They should have teased this instead of the mediocre bluetooth crap they pushed. I know it's the OG German PRO division, but I guess we can forget about their consumer division and focus on the PRO line...

There are some photos I downloaded.

Attachments

• 284776_1.jpg
    284776_1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 284776_2.jpg
    284776_2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 284776.jpg
    284776.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 22, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #258 of 307
Oh wow another snore-fi tier headphone....
Lol. Maybe. It has my attention.
It has an aesthetic that I prefer. At times I've wanted a better Sennheiser than my HD599, but nothing available seemed right.

Jan 22, 2024 at 2:22 PM Post #260 of 307
Just seen this video, but it's been pulled out from all retailers who had them. It's another messed up launch I guess...

They should have teased this instead of the mediocre bluetooth crap they pushed. I know it's the OG German PRO division, but I guess we can forget about their consumer division and focus on the PRO line...

There are some photos I downloaded.

Agreed - maybe moving forward their audiophile products will have a PRO designation? Possible.

Jan 22, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #261 of 307
Hey Sennheiser, I don't have Netflix or the car with the Volkswagen logo that you promote in your video.
What should I do now, how should I live when I want to listen to music in the best audiophile quality from the legendary Sennheiser factory on the latest headphones in 2024.
I bought my HD800 headphones in 2009. my daughter inherited them, will my grandchildren have to use the same model with a story that there was once a company that produced the highest quality headphones but then something bad happened.... the era of BT, soundbars and the flooding of the mass market with a bland product has come.

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #262 of 307
I think they sold the audiophile product line with the consumer division, but behind the curtains they kept developing their audiophile products in the PRO division. Interesting move... We have to watch the PRO division for sure :)

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:28 PM Post #263 of 307
I think they sold the audiophile product line with the consumer division, but behind the curtains they kept developing their audiophile products in the PRO division. Interesting move... We have to watch the PRO division for sure :)

Pretty unlikely as that would almost assuredly be a violation of the typical legal content signed in most business acquisitions. The acquiring company almost certainly got the IP along with the branding.

More likely- the audiophile line has not been profitable and will be discontinued in favor of mass market headphones and hearing augmentation devices. If the audiophile line was profitable, why would Sennheiser sell it?

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #264 of 307
I do enjoy the saltiness too much to ever really dispute it. But.

But.... there are needs and there are wants. HD800-level Dynamic Drivers can be counted on one hand, right? It doesn't seem like a happening thing.

Anyway. Welcome to the future of Audio, brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Jan 23, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #265 of 307
Jan 25, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #267 of 307
Hello everyone 👋 It's been a whirlwind week at CES followed by a personal trip for a family function, all while planning for a big visit to the Tullamore factory next week. I've been reading the replies, rants, complaints, questions, armchair-management speculation, and other comments--I'm putting together a quick video to try and answer them all. Please stay tuned and thanks for all of the replies!

Another week goes by.

Clearly, this market is no longer a priority for Sennheiser.

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #268 of 307
Please be patient, give them time. Let's not rush things.
It's hard work replicating the sound system array used in CES presentation 🤖

Users who are viewing this thread

Back