Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC w/USB GEN5 Upgrade
Oct 2, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #18 of 67
im looking to upgrade to the bimby sometime soon hopefully. How would a modi 2U compare with bimby?

has schiit had any black friday offers ever goin on?

bimby will be much better than the modi 2u -- they were engineered for very different price points. now many think the mimby and the bimby are quite close.

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #19 of 67
Gen 5 is mandatory it clearly increases SQ.

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #20 of 67
Schiit is very backed up on Gen 5 USB boards for updates. My Bifrost has been with them for 64 days now. Today they replied to my request for info, saying:
"I'm sorry but we are currently waiting on more Gen 5 USB boards. The GEN 5 USB is extremely popular. We will need to receive more boards from our board house before we can approve more of the upgrades."

May 26, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #21 of 67
Schiit is very backed up on Gen 5 USB boards for updates. My Bifrost has been with them for 64 days now. Today they replied to my request for info, saying:
"I'm sorry but we are currently waiting on more Gen 5 USB boards. The GEN 5 USB is extremely popular. We will need to receive more boards from our board house before we can approve more of the upgrades."

After further weeks of no Gen 5 boards available for Schiit-installed upgrades, I spoke with Schiit and switched to self-install to speed things up. Frustratingly, they still have no boards available for that either, after a further month of waiting. They keep saying it will be a few weeks, but it has been a total of 4 months now.

Jun 10, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #24 of 67
I've been wondering about other people's waits. I haven't noticed Schiit posting in these forums about a serious delay in parts (I may have missed the relevant forum/thread). Customer service says they're completely out of stock and can't supply either the self-install or the schiit-install, AND NOW say that they can't even ship new Bifrosts!

Their website still incorrectly lists Gen5 as in-stock for schiit-install. I have mentioned this to them twice, but the erroneous info is still there.

Jun 12, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #26 of 67
You could get eitr instead. They have b-stock.

That would be still be more expensive, and it would disable my CD transport since that currently feeds my Bifrost SPDIF input.
(And more minor considerations: it would be B-stock, it would add another interconnect, & would add another power cord to my power strip, which is full.)

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #27 of 67
I ordered a bifrost multibit today wuthout knowing if it comes with the USB port gen 5 by défaut so i emailed them (i know before you had to add the option to get the USB port). I also saw on Thierry website that the multibit is backordered to 19th...

Jun 20, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #29 of 67
Schiit customer service told me maybe 6/19 for shipping the Gen 5 board. Now they've pushed that back to 6/29. Their website says new Bifrosts are backordered to 7/4. I'm getting more pessimistic about the timing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back