Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
May 13, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #31 of 3,339
im patiently waiting for Schiit's DAC also @_@

May 14, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #33 of 3,339
Okay, I'll play.

$150-200 DAC? Nope, not a chance. At least not matching the current line. Plus, Mike would kill me. 

Combined amp/DAC? Nope, we're not huge fans of multi-megahertz hash cruising around near sensitive analog electronics. There are too many compromises in a combined amp/DAC, in our opinion.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #34 of 3,339
Okay, I'll play.

$150-200 DAC? Nope, not a chance. At least not matching the current line. Plus, Mike would kill me. 

Combined amp/DAC? Nope, we're not huge fans of multi-megahertz hash cruising around near sensitive analog electronics. There are too many compromises in a combined amp/DAC, in our opinion.

Good no combined amp that's a good sign I'm hoping for a high end model in the 800-1000 dollar range then I may have a reason to switch from my tube dac..

May 14, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #35 of 3,339

Quote:
Okay, I'll play.

Thats great...Less is more, and more from having less is Mo' Better!!

USB is the work of the Devil....it should not be in audio but is a necessary evil to sale a product these days.  USB is for keyboards and printers not audio gear.

Stick with a simple design that focuses on the powersupply...you are what you eat.

Good Luck!

May 14, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #36 of 3,339
How about a re-boxed Theta Cobalt 307?  
biggrin.gif

I still use my Cobalt.

May 14, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #37 of 3,339
Thats great...Less is more, and more from having less is Mo' Better!!

USB is the work of the Devil....it should not be in audio but is a necessary evil to sale a product these days.  USB is for keyboards and printers not audio gear.

Stick with a simple design that focuses on the powersupply...you are what you eat.

Good Luck!

I agree with that USB is truly the new river that runs through HELL it sux I don't use

May 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #38 of 3,339
Hi Jason

When do you think that you will be able to provide more details so that people know what they are saving for?  I realise that you need to keep some details secret to retain the competitive advantage of bringing those features to market but is there anything else that you can tell right now?

Do you have some performance benchmarks that you are aiming for or a product design brief etc?

Keep the great stuff coming. I am truly a fan.

May 16, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #41 of 3,339
Quote:
Hi Jason

When do you think that you will be able to provide more details so that people know what they are saving for?  I realise that you need to keep some details secret to retain the competitive advantage of bringing those features to market but is there anything else that you can tell right now?

Do you have some performance benchmarks that you are aiming for or a product design brief etc?

Keep the great stuff coming. I am truly a fan.

All will be revealed in June!

Well, at least all on our intro product. But we'll also provide a brief roadmap on the others as well.

As far as USB goes . . . well, yep, we'll have USB, and it'll be a good implementation, but the two other SPDIF inputs will still outperform it. As someone here mentioned, USB is a *general* data interface, great for printers and external hard drives. SPDIF is a dedicated audio interface.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
May 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #43 of 3,339
x2 @ last post

USB + something nice, at office I only have USB :)

May 16, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #44 of 3,339
Thanks for the reply.  At least June is rapidly approaching. 

I get the feeling that God has sent you to teach me patience....
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Quote:

All will be revealed in June!

Well, at least all on our intro product. But we'll also provide a brief roadmap on the others as well.

As far as USB goes . . . well, yep, we'll have USB, and it'll be a good implementation, but the two other SPDIF inputs will still outperform it. As someone here mentioned, USB is a *general* data interface, great for printers and external hard drives. SPDIF is a dedicated audio interface.

May 16, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #45 of 3,339
Thanks for the reply.  At least June is rapidly approaching. 

I get the feeling that God has sent you to teach me patience....
rolleyes.gif

Thank god someone else feels the same way that USB sucks I would never use it for audio unless I was on the road with my laptop then I would use my IBasso D6 but at home USB? hahahhaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back