Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 15, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #616 of 2,799
  Yeah, I'm really glad I do the analog, and Mike and Dave do the digital. The funny thing is, I think both of them are as terrified of analog as I am of digital.

Yay teamwork. :)

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #617 of 2,799
  Received the Bimby today !

but no way to install the USB driver : I'm stuck with a "Please connect the CMEDIA USB2.0 Audio Device" message....

tried Bimby ON/OFF, different (working) short cables, with or without a hub (regen), on different ports, before/after reboot, different computers and OS (XP & 7) nothing seems to work :frowning2:

contacted Schiit earlier (4 hours ago) and no reply yet.... aaaargh, super frustrating!
I've read that some experienced difficult install with Win7 (I run Ultimate sp1) but neither forums tricks worked.

Any idea? (other than DOA Bimby)

When I got the Bimby, I ran into the exact same issue when trying to install the USB driver on Windows 10.  Fortunately, it showed up in the "Playback Devices" so I left it as is since everything seems to be working. I guess Windows 10 automatically did the driver install work?  Do you guys think I should try to manually install the drivers anyway?

As for your scenario of not being able to get any output through USB, I suppose you could try going the Windows 10 route (assuming you are eligible for the free upgrade).  Otherwise, I would RMA it.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #618 of 2,799
  When I got the Bimby, I ran into the exact same issue when trying to install the USB driver on Windows 10.  Fortunately, it showed up in the "Playback Devices" so I left it as is since everything seems to be working. I guess Windows 10 automatically did the driver install work?  Do you guys think I should try to manually install the drivers anyway?

As for your scenario of not being able to get any output through USB, I suppose you could try going the Windows 10 route (assuming you are eligible for the free upgrade).  Otherwise, I would RMA it.

Same thing happened to me.  I just left the driver that Windows 10 installed because everything else I tried to install failed to detect the Bifrost.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #619 of 2,799
Do the old drivers I've installed for Bifrost Uber work with Bimby if/when I decide to send mine to be upgraded? I have Windows 10, and I would hate to have to fight with drivers again.
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:16 AM Post #620 of 2,799
Do the old drivers I've installed for Bifrost Uber work with Bimby if/when I decide to send mine to be upgraded? I have Windows 10, and I would hate to have to fight with drivers again. :D

Yeah, it will work. They aren't replacing the USB card after all.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #622 of 2,799
Violectric V800 used to be the best Dac I owned, but now it's been replaced by the Bimby. This thing does everything right to my ears. Such a pleasure to listen to.
Best $250 I spent. Sure, it makes me want to own the Yggy someday, but I could be easily happy with the Bimby.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #623 of 2,799
Sling5s, I was wondering if you'd be happier with your vinyl setup more, if you tried a different phono preamp. I've had good results with the Mani, although I do wonder how a pure tube phono would change the sound signature.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #624 of 2,799
Recieved my shipping notification today should have Bimby next week if it is as good as the reports it will be a keeper and warranted for 5 years to boot.  yep I can live with that

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #625 of 2,799
  Sling5s, I was wondering if you'd be happier with your vinyl setup more, if you tried a different phono preamp. I've had good results with the Mani, although I do wonder how a pure tube phono would change the sound signature.

I stayed away from Mani because its been reviewed as slightly edgy and bright. I chose the Art DJpre because with an upgraded power supply it just opens up in huge way.
It's brightness comes from the Ortofon 2M Blue. I purchased it knowing it has a bright sound signature but felt it was a worthy compromise. It's really a detail monster considering it's price. 

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #626 of 2,799
Bimby has finally woken up!!  :D

It took a coax plugged in its rear end to make it sing then it accepted to install the USB driver.

Now to get back the use of my mouse/keyboard in win7... well, maybe tomorrow. Gonna listen to some music now
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #628 of 2,799
Just wanna give kudos to Schiit for their incredible customer service.  I placed my multibit upgrade order last Friday, was 49/49 in the queue. Got notice to ship on Monday, sent it Tuesday, they received it Wednesday, shipped it yesterday and I received it back this morning. That's one terrific company!

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #629 of 2,799
Just wanna give kudos to Schiit for their incredible customer service.  I placed my multibit upgrade order last Friday, was 49/49 in the queue. Got notice to ship on Monday, sent it Tuesday, they received it Wednesday, shipped it yesterday and I received it back this morning. That's one terrific company!

They do it right for sure!

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #630 of 2,799
Good to hear you have it running. Definitely get some listening in and you will feel a lot better.
smily_headphones1.gif

You got that right, it's already making a distinct effect on me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back