Schiit Folkvangr - Impressions Thread
Jul 26, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #423 of 1,501
You gotta go speaker amps with Stealth to make it sing unfortunately
No stealth, but v2. Sounds great with the Schiit Jot 2 (using the Lyr 3 as a preamp, but of course it adds no power). Jot 2 produces 6W into the Stealth's 35 ohms. More than enough to make the stealth sing the macarena.

Good luck getting rid of those images and sounds from 1993.

Infecting new generations, one person at a time. :)

Jul 27, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #426 of 1,501
Just ordered one... Doesn't appear to be sold-out...
Good move. If you want one better not wait too long. When that page says “out of stock”, that’s it.

By the what was said on the Texas Audio Roundup event this weekend, half of the 250 have already been delivered, and the rest are on hold in production due to wait time on the transformers. No info on how many of them are already sold and how many are still available to order..

Jul 27, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #428 of 1,501
Going back and forth buying this all AM. I have a cap modded MJ2 that sounds amazing... and then his not being balanced and having a Yggy LIM how it will actually sound...
What headphone(s) do you have?

Jul 27, 2022 at 11:27 PM Post #430 of 1,501
Arya's and HD800S's
Check out the impressions on the sbaf Folkvangr thread. There roshambo123 compares his MJ2 with the FV and his HD 800 SDR. It's towards the bottom of the second page. I'd link it but I'm not sure that's possible. Also check later on in the thread. He decided not to keep it in the end.

Jul 28, 2022 at 1:08 AM Post #431 of 1,501
Check out the impressions on the sbaf Folkvangr thread. There roshambo123 compares his MJ2 with the FV and his HD 800 SDR. It's towards the bottom of the second page. I'd link it but I'm not sure that's possible. Also check later on in the thread. He decided not to keep it in the end.
IIRC Roshambo123 also has a Yggy and the SE Folkvangr presented a problem if he wanted to continue to take advantage of the balanced outs.

I don’t think I’d do it if I were @Blacksun and I say that as someone very happy with the FV. The Yggy really deserves a balanced amplifier and it’s more than good enough to build a system around.

Jul 28, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #433 of 1,501
I tried my Yggdrasil both balanced and SE to my WA33 and found the difference almost impossible to hear. I could quickly switch back and forth as I ran both to the WA33 simultaneously. It was so close I can’t say if I heard a difference or imagined it. Currently running the Yggdrasil SE to my Folkvangr and it sounds very good.

Jul 28, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #434 of 1,501
I tried my Yggdrasil both balanced and SE to my WA33 and found the difference almost impossible to hear. I could quickly switch back and forth as I ran both to the WA33 simultaneously. It was so close I can’t say if I heard a difference or imagined it. Currently running the Yggdrasil SE to my Folkvangr and it sounds very good.

To me it was the Gungnir MB A2, not the Yggdrasil OG that had a very noticeable difference in SE out. GMB A2 SE was compressed/veiled sounding while Balanced out is perfect. Confirmed with Listening at Schiitr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back