Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 3, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #27,196 of 150,049

Wing? Wing? My steed DON'T need no frickin' wing to win!!!

WHEN THINGS GO WRONG.........
wing_failure_1968_brabham.jpg

Dec 3, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #27,197 of 150,049
Dec 3, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #27,198 of 150,049
It's one of the best subs on the market and should be fast enough.
If you use the High-Level Input mode it's nearly impossible to be slow.

While I tend to agree with you, there are no absolutes in audio. It may be more of an integration or room issue than the sub itself. I am using the high-level inputs as well, fed from Vidar. It could simply be that it is slightly out of phase with the speakers. Unfortunately that sub only has a 0 or 180 phase switch, nothing in between so I am left to moving it around and other adjustments to try to integrate it better.

The other possibility is however is that this sub is just not big or powerful enough down where I am trying to get it to operate, which is below ~40Hz. It is rated -6dB at 30Hz, so just might need something bigger unfortunately.

But we'll see. Need to do more experimentation.

Edit: also don't get me wrong. I find the bass to be very good, just a slight bit more sluggish sounding than the speakers is all.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #27,199 of 150,049
While I tend to agree with you, there are no absolutes in audio. It may be more of an integration or room issue than the sub itself. I am using the high-level inputs as well, fed from Vidar. It could simply be that it is slightly out of phase with the speakers. Unfortunately that sub only has a 0 or 180 phase switch, nothing in between so I am left to moving it around and other adjustments to try to integrate it better.

The other possibility is however is that this sub is just not big or powerful enough down where I am trying to get it to operate, which is below ~40Hz. It is rated -6dB at 30Hz, so just might need something bigger unfortunately.

But we'll see. Need to do more experimentation.

Edit: also don't get me wrong. I find the bass to be very good, just a slight bit more sluggish sounding than the speakers is all.
That's were Rythmik offers a lot of value. For a similar price as the 8" REL T/7i, you can get the 12" F12G. And it has tons of adjustments, like variable phase settings. Goes down to 14 Hz... at -2 dB. Turns out my bedroom door resonates at 9 Hz and my living room windows at 7 Hz. Fascinating! It got a bit warm then, but with normal content it stays cool to the touch. In my room with my ears, it doesn't limit me in any way.

Dec 3, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #27,201 of 150,049
My first post here. I recently purchased a used Schiit Mjolnir. I have the slightest low level buzz in the right channel only with volume at zero. With no source and an increase of the volume knob the slight buzz does not get any louder. I have the amp plugged into an MIT Z Iso Strip. I have tried 2 prong adapter, directly into wall outlet, into the MIT High Current Filter all with no avail. Can anybody offer a solution?

Thanks.

My system below:
9936074_m.jpg

The newest addition below:
9936071_m.jpg

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #27,202 of 150,049
My first post here. I recently purchased a used Schiit Mjolnir. I have the slightest low level buzz in the right channel only with volume at zero. With no source and an increase of the volume knob the slight buzz does not get any louder. I have the amp plugged into an MIT Z Iso Strip. I have tried 2 prong adapter, directly into wall outlet, into the MIT High Current Filter all with no avail. Can anybody offer a solution?

Thanks.

My system below:
9936074_m.jpg

9936071_m.jpg

You are probably best off contacting Schiit support as they will be able to help you best.

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #27,203 of 150,049
Miniature shelves for my Schiit stack:

The 2 extra shelves are for Eitr (already purchased, waiting for it to be shipped), and for Loki, to be purchased sometime next year.

Attachments

• IMG_4755.JPG
    IMG_4755.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 4, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #27,205 of 150,049

Thanks.

My system below:
9936074_m.jpg

9936071_m.jpg
Did you try other HP'ns too?
Just in case.....

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #27,206 of 150,049
Miniature shelves for my Schiit stack:

The 2 extra shelves are for Eitr (already purchased, waiting for it to be shipped), and for Loki, to be purchased sometime next year.

I am drooling over these shelves ... did you make them yourself !?!

Dec 4, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #27,207 of 150,049
Did you try other HP'ns too?
Just in case.....
Pietro:

My HD 700's and my Denons are not Balanced. I can only use the Audeze. But I did try the Audeze in my other Amps....All good.

Thanks for the help. Jason of course already responded.

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #27,208 of 150,049
That's were Rythmik offers a lot of value. For a similar price as the 8" REL T/7i, you can get the 12" F12G. And it has tons of adjustments, like variable phase settings. Goes down to 14 Hz... at -2 dB. Turns out my bedroom door resonates at 9 Hz and my living room windows at 7 Hz. Fascinating! It got a bit warm then, but with normal content it stays cool to the touch. In my room with my ears, it doesn't limit me in any way.
Alcophone, I have the Rythmik F18 works fantastically in my 2-channel system. It barely get warm to touch after a whole day of duty and no problems keeping up with the FR speakers.

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #27,209 of 150,049
It is now December and still no sign of SOL turntable becomes available to publc. Wondering if it is definitely coming soon or is it just prototype they gave a try and now it might not going to happen..... Does anyone have any update on SOL?

Dec 4, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #27,210 of 150,049
It is now December and still no sign of SOL turntable becomes available to publc. Wondering if it is definitely coming soon or is it just prototype they gave a try and now it might not going to happen..... Does anyone have any update on SOL?

Dude, really?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back