Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 15, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #44,806 of 152,887
Question for the Collective:
Been running a Bifrost & Valhalla 2 combo for the past couple of years with no complaints. Over the past few months though, I've noticed the V2's volume control feels a little rough at my normal listening position of ~10 o'clock. In the past, I've been able to clean it up by rotating the knob from max to min a few times. Lately though, it hasn't helped as much. I really can't say if the issue is worse when it's hot. It doesn't introduce any noise into the output (yet). What are people's thoughts on using something like DeoxIT on the pot?

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #44,808 of 152,887
B-stock Vali 2 for $99 seems like a sweet deal. They must be selling slowly. In any case, it's a fantastic price for anyone that wants to try out tubes for themselves. I bought one for my Dad when it first came out and it's a nice amp.

It's probably a harder sell now though since Magni 3 has the same features (aluminum top, preamp outputs) and twice the power, at $99. Still, I doubt you can find a better tube headphone amp for that price.

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #44,809 of 152,887
Question for the Collective:
Been running a Bifrost & Valhalla 2 combo for the past couple of years with no complaints. Over the past few months though, I've noticed the V2's volume control feels a little rough at my normal listening position of ~10 o'clock. In the past, I've been able to clean it up by rotating the knob from max to min a few times. Lately though, it hasn't helped as much. I really can't say if the issue is worse when it's hot. It doesn't introduce any noise into the output (yet). What are people's thoughts on using something like DeoxIT on the pot?

I have used DeoxIT several times over the years, including on volume pots, and have never had anything but good results with it.

Go for it.

JC

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #44,810 of 152,887
upload_2019-3-15_14-10-45.png

LOKI MAX CONFIRMED.

Mar 15, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #44,813 of 152,887
Mar 15, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #44,814 of 152,887
B-stock Vali 2 for $99 seems like a sweet deal. They must be selling slowly. In any case, it's a fantastic price for anyone that wants to try out tubes for themselves. I bought one for my Dad when it first came out and it's a nice amp.

It's probably a harder sell now though since Magni 3 has the same features (aluminum top, preamp outputs) and twice the power, at $99. Still, I doubt you can find a better tube headphone amp for that price.
Sweet isn't the word for it - that's a wonderful deal. Vali is glowing nicely on my desk right in front of me, driving a pair of AudioEngine A2s as I write. Pure heaven...

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #44,819 of 152,887
Why would they call the B-stock "Mini" unless there was a "Max" to differentiate it from?

Trust me, I've already been down this rabbit hole lol. You can see my posts here and here. Like others have mentioned though, it's been called Loki Mini from the beginning, and they address the name in the last FAQ on the product page. But if it makes you feel better, I'm pretty sure there is a bigger Loki coming eventually. I think Jason mentioned it recently actually. But it might not be imminent so don't hold your breath.

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #44,820 of 152,887
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back