Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 11, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #66,722 of 152,511
How about an insane 10-tube all-tube headphone amp? It's something I'm playing around with. Of course, it would be about 10x the price of a Vali 2+. And it currently isn't ready for prime time (too much hummmmmmmmm...but fixable.) Still not sure I want to bring it to production.

Hard to improve Valhalla 2 without adding a bunch of cost. Or hybridizing. And then what's the point? It's supposed to be an affordable pure tube amp.

Balanced outs? Or would that require a Mjolnir-sized chassis? A fully-balanced, pure tube headphone amp at Mjolnir pricing could be compelling, but if it can be done as something more Valhalla/Bifrost-ish, even better!

ETA: Oh, and with a black option! :)

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #66,723 of 152,511
How about an insane 10-tube all-tube headphone amp? It's something I'm playing around with. Of course, it would be about 10x the price of a Vali 2+. And it currently isn't ready for prime time (too much hummmmmmmmm...but fixable.) Still not sure I want to bring it to production.

Hard to improve Valhalla 2 without adding a bunch of cost. Or hybridizing. And then what's the point? It's supposed to be an affordable pure tube amp.

Valhalla 2 was designed for higher impedance loads. how well does this thing work with 16 ohm planars like DCAs?

@bcowen is likely staring at these pics right now, trying to figure out if there is enough space for the noval to octal adapters.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #66,724 of 152,511
No no no, make it the size of the Yggdrasil and call it Schiit Freyr.

Make a limited edition with his phallus as a headphone stand so it remains lore friendly.

Nov 11, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #66,725 of 152,511
Nov 11, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #66,727 of 152,511
I remember the hype around the original Vali, looks like it's gonna be just the same this time.

Great job Schiit! :)

Vali 1 and Modi 1 were my first pieces (pile?) of Schiit. Great stuff!

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #66,728 of 152,511

IMG_0899.jpeg

100% on this concept... would love to see this become a prodcut, even if it's a limited run.

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #66,729 of 152,511

IMG_0899.jpeg

Next: implement "the gadget" using vacuum tube logic.

ed

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #66,731 of 152,511
Of course, it would be about 10x the price of a Vali 2+. And it currently isn't ready for prime time (too much hummmmmmmmm...but fixable.) Still not sure I want to bring it to production.

Have you learned nothing from the preamp shootout? People will throw money at great sounding tube gear.

Nov 11, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #66,732 of 152,511

IMG_0899.jpeg

I think that I would have to get one just on principle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back