Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 12, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #6,751 of 150,600
The above paragraph clearly shows that we've got yet another internet eggspurt who doesn't know scratch about blind testing, but pretends to know-it-all.

Very cheeky of you, but knowing where you come from, I guess that's part for the course. Carry on.

Jun 12, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #6,752 of 150,600
First you must head to Sound Science, then read all the posts and in time the truth will become known to you, if you are worthy.:cool:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FucbvoFFy0[/VIDEO]

Jun 13, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #6,757 of 150,600
The Valhalla2 says it's on back order for acouple weeks until it would ship, could there be a update coming to it?

Also, where can you buy the Schiit Story that is being posted? Is it a book?

No purchase necessary. Jason has only been posting it here on Head-Fi but one of the members has graciously been typesetting it and making it available as a PDF. See here.

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #6,758 of 150,600
The Valhalla2 says it's on back order for acouple weeks until it would ship, could there be a update coming to it?

Also, where can you buy the Schiit Story that is being posted? Is it a book?

Jason stated earlier there would be no updates to current products this year.

Jun 13, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #6,762 of 150,600
I happened to be an individual who placed an order for a Fulla before production was delayed. My Fiio E07k had recently quit working and I was in need of a portable dac to take on a lengthy, open ended vacation. I had followed the story of Schiit and had found myself wishing they offered a unit that was portable. So, I jumped on the first opportunity I had to order the Fulla. My Fulla was supposed to arrive a full two weeks before my departure date. Two weeks came and went and Schiit never sent any email notifying me of a production glitch, a delay, or asking me if I would like a refund. Based on Jason's explanation of this, and other problems, it seems that Schiit has done a good job of not only taking taking responsibility for problems, but also has been willing to go the extra mile to correct potential problems. However, the fact that i was never contacted and notified of any delay on shipment strongly contradicts the account given by Jason. Furthermore, as my departure date neared, I reached out to Schiit. It was my intention to see if my unit had been shipped. In the case that it had not shipped, I was planning on canceling my order. After all, I had purchased the unit for the vacation I was about to embark on. Schiit wouldn't tell me whether my unit had shipped or not (again, no option to cancel order was given, they simply told me there had been a delay. I left on my trip without my unit. They never apologized for any production errors,or that they were unable to deliver the product to me in time for my vacation. While on my vacation, I realized that the 15 day return time would expire while I was away. So, due to there error, I would be forced to keep the product, whether I liked it or not. I contacted them, reed plainer my situation, etc.,and was told that the best they could do, given the circumstances, was to extend the return period by two weeks, which in my situation did absolutely nothing to help me. Mind you, all these problems and poor customer service experiences happened before I had even so much as touched a product. So, having read all of Jason's posts, and having been sold on his professed beliefs about companies and customer service, I found the whole experience to be very disheartening. I can only hope that he doesn't know that, at the very least, his company failed to properly implement his strategy for handling the Fulla preorder problems.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #6,763 of 150,600
That's strange junior.

Fulla was announced on 12/4/14.  I ordered on that date and it shipped a few days later.  On 12/8 I received the e-mail from Laura at Schiit

"Hello,
We have recently discovered an issue for the newly released Fulla.  Some Fullas received the wrong 48k oscillator, which garbles the 48k and 96k sample rates.  It has been determined that your recently shipped Fulla contains this incorrect piece.  
An attempt has been made to have FedEx turn your shipment around and return it back to us. Once we have the part situation settled, we will ship you a replacement Fulla.  This process may take a few days or so.  If you should decide you do not want a replacement, please let me know, and we will give you a full refund for the Fulla, plus its shipping costs.
Should the Fulla still be delivered, please let me know, since having the package recalled back to us through FedEx is not a 100% guaranteed process.  We will then work out a way to get the faulty Fulla back to us.  Thank you for your patience."
The replacement was shipped on 12/15

Jun 14, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #6,764 of 150,600
  On the whole, I like wires because they are reliable and the simplest thing that works. I find wireless technologies add cost, complexity and get worse the more popular they get due to network congestion. Given me wires any day.

I entirely agree....

... and...

ten years from now, no one under 50 will have anything connected by wires.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #6,765 of 150,600
I happened to be an individual who placed an order for a Fulla before production was delayed. My Fiio E07k had recently quit working and I was in need of a portable dac to take on a lengthy, open ended vacation. I had followed the story of Schiit and had found myself wishing they offered a unit that was portable. So, I jumped on the first opportunity I had to order the Fulla. My Fulla was supposed to arrive a full two weeks before my departure date. Two weeks came and went and Schiit never sent any email notifying me of a production glitch, a delay, or asking me if I would like a refund. Based on Jason's explanation of this, and other problems, it seems that Schiit has done a good job of not only taking taking responsibility for problems, but also has been willing to go the extra mile to correct potential problems. However, the fact that i was never contacted and notified of any delay on shipment strongly contradicts the account given by Jason. Furthermore, as my departure date neared, I reached out to Schiit. It was my intention to see if my unit had been shipped. In the case that it had not shipped, I was planning on canceling my order. After all, I had purchased the unit for the vacation I was about to embark on. Schiit wouldn't tell me whether my unit had shipped or not (again, no option to cancel order was given, they simply told me there had been a delay. I left on my trip without my unit. They never apologized for any production errors,or that they were unable to deliver the product to me in time for my vacation. While on my vacation, I realized that the 15 day return time would expire while I was away. So, due to there error, I would be forced to keep the product, whether I liked it or not. I contacted them, reed plainer my situation, etc.,and was told that the best they could do, given the circumstances, was to extend the return period by two weeks, which in my situation did absolutely nothing to help me. Mind you, all these problems and poor customer service experiences happened before I had even so much as touched a product. So, having read all of Jason's posts, and having been sold on his professed beliefs about companies and customer service, I found the whole experience to be very disheartening. I can only hope that he doesn't know that, at the very least, his company failed to properly implement his strategy for handling the Fulla preorder problems.

I check out Schiit's website now and then, and it seems things go in and out of stock pretty frequently. They pretty much never have all of their products in stock at any given time. While Schiit's products are excellent, due to this fact I would say that if you need something urgently they might not be the best option. The Fulla is really in a category of it's own, since it's around half the price of competing products, with more durable construction. Hopefully Schiit will contact you and work something out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back