Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 11, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #73,066 of 153,814
That top shelf looks like it was made specifically for a Sol. :laughing:
Speaking of the Schiit Sol turntable, I'm in the market for one. It's on the wrong end of the production schedule.

Why don't I have a Sol already? Well, I didn't have any records.

Why do I have suddenly have records? Well, I didn't want a turntble. I did, however, desire to want a turntable. So I bought some records.

I went through the top 100 records you must own generic youtube list and ordered as many of the top 20 (or bottom 20? Not sure if he started at 100 or 1) as were in print.

They're starting to grumble about 'right to work' or some commie b/s.

Fight communism. Sell me your Sol!

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #73,067 of 153,814
I remember buying a Sony Walkman when I lived in Japan in 1980. I couldn't quite believe how small it was and how great it sounded.:beyersmile:
I think Sony originally made it as a design challenge for their Engineers and then decided to market it.
It really was a design classic. Absolutely brilliant :thumbsup:
My Walkman in the mid-80s actually had a collapsing mechanism that made it smaller than a cassette. You pulled it to make it extend full-size and accept the cassette. Total engineering marvel. Bought a headphone splitter and spent many hours at the apartment complex pool sharing music with fellow residents. A lot with an ER nurse named Margaret, who I dated for a while. BBQ, music, and volleyball in the pool. Re-Flex’s “Politics of Dancing” and Van Halen’s first on constant repeat. Yeah man! Good times.

Mar 11, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #73,069 of 153,814
DSC00850.JPG

We are Dog People.

Mar 11, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #73,070 of 153,814
I am currently working my way through a bottle of Highland Park 12 a fellow Schiit-head recommended. Interesting stuff, and as suggested, one part water and four parts Highland Park takes some of the bite out (but not all). Pretty smooth, halfway between light and creamy mouth feel, no smoke or peat. Clean finish, begging for a second sip. I also tried a Glenlivet 12. I didn't find it particularly complex, but it was so clean I could see choosing it when you're after something simple at the end of a difficult day.

I was gifted a bottle of Highland Park Viking Pride 18, by a good friend. Pricey on the shelf which is how I know I have a very good friend, and wonderful on the tongue with a drop or two of water! :smiley_cat:

Mar 11, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #73,073 of 153,814
That really looks like the audiophile version of the fire fighters' "Fill the Boot" annual fund raiser.

There was more than one reason I didn't buy a pair of Divas. More than one.

I am currently working my way through a bottle of Highland Park 12 a fellow Schiit-head recommended. Interesting stuff, and as suggested, one part water and four parts Highland Park takes some of the bite out (but not all). Pretty smooth, halfway between light and creamy mouth feel, no smoke or peat. Clean finish, begging for a second sip. I also tried a Glenlivet 12. I didn't find it particularly complex, but it was so clean I could see choosing it when you're after something simple at the end of a difficult day.
I always have at least one bottle of Highland Park 12 in the house. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #73,075 of 153,814
Hey Team!

Jason mentioned the Giga Loki to be the length of Freya, but did he ever mention the height?
It would be PHENOMENAL if it matched the height dimensions of Rag and Yggy, so that when placed side by side by side it'd be one long thick platform of hardware.
I'd be happy to post a picture of a Rag/Yggy placed together like a single unit -- it looks super impressive.

Mar 11, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #73,076 of 153,814
They said that about Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits as well as Bob Dylan...but somehow all of them made it work.
Some singers really do polarise opinion!
Several examples have been mentioned here.
I was fortunate to see Leonard Cohen a few years ago and would rank it as one of one of the best gigs I have ever been to, and I'm not even a big fan!
I took my wife to the concert as she has listened to his albums from his early days in the '60s and loves his music. He was brilliant.
A good friend has very similar taste in music to me, with a couple of notable exceptions- Yes and Neil Young.
He can't listen to either, simply because of the vocals!
We are agreed on Tom Waits though. I know many people love his stuff, but it's not for me.
Live and let live; we all have different tastes. :beyersmile:

Mar 11, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #73,078 of 153,814
Mar 11, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #73,079 of 153,814
My Loki Mini +'s arrived Fedx ground an hour ago. 7 days from placing order to arrival. Not bad.

The detents are dead on at 12:00 on the on the 20h and 2,000 bands, a bit off on 400 and 8000 bands. The second unit is
about the same, maybe a hair better. But hey, its only $150 bucks, I'm fine with them as is. My two OG mini's are all over the place, LOL.

The detents aren't all dead on at 12:00 on my Loki Mini either. On mine it's mostly due to variation in the knobs, not the pots (as can be seen by swapping the knobs around).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back