Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 19, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #116,881 of 153,247
Henry Cavill auditioned for Bond at the same time as Daniel Craig, but Cavill was felt to be too young for the part. Now, I'm afraid the producers will feel he's too old, and cast Aaron Taylor-Johnson instead. 🤪
Henry Cavill starred in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. which was mentioned in the last few days.
I may (not) have previously shared, but a good pre-bond Daniel Craig movie is Layer Cake. A fun movie about middle management - in the drug trade.
Layer Cake is an excellent movie.

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #116,883 of 153,247
Whenever I’m looking for used gear I always check hifishark. It’s an aggregator app, it shows all used audio items that match your search term that are currently for sale across (almost?) all sales sites, including head-fi. Also useful for determining a fair asking or offering price. I believe you can set up notifications on there also….

SCHIIT LISST SOLID STATE TUBES £199...

GE prices! :darthsmile:

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #116,886 of 153,247
Glad you enjoyed the video, Bill. I was really impressed with the clarity that it brought to the overall process, for me.

So, I spent 50 bucks on the Ortofon test LP, bc anti-skating is such a PITA to set, and I (also) thought that his method was brilliant. I'll let y'all know how it works out...
So did I. 🤣 Be interested in your experience once you get it. My turntable is still sitting in a box right now but this will sure help with that part of the setup when I get to it.

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #116,887 of 153,247
Cat, Cardboard, Tubes, and Schiit all in one shot 🤯
... black & white to boot ... well done sir!
Yes! That photo clearly qualifies as epic. If only there was some BBQ, it would be Epic Supreme. :laughing:

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #116,888 of 153,247
*** where the norm is: solitary confinement, 24/7 emission of Captain & Tennille @ 90 dB via ‘boom box’ … 😳😲😖 …
That's just for the first offense. 2nd offense is nonstop Love Will Keep Us Together from a groove damaged LP at 110 dB through Hello Kitty headphones. And if that hasn't fully reformed the offender, the 3rd round starts out with Tony Orlando and Dawn. 🤣

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #116,890 of 153,247
Not many cats lately. Please say hi to Kitty Saurus Rex...!

"So this chair actually *is* big enough for the both of us!"

Sharing.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #116,891 of 153,247
How about a just finished low calorie flat cat!
IMG_20230419_140742069~2.jpg

Apr 19, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #116,893 of 153,247
Apr 19, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #116,894 of 153,247
I’ve seen these out there for decades. I wonder how they work without considering the input impedance. Also, you can get a more modern high quality capacitor for around the same price.
the fmods inline Filters are likely L-C-R filters with 3-10k output shunt resistor to improve cutoff frequency accuracy over a range of different amplifier input impedances (22K-100K). these should have a sharper 12 dB/octave cutoff slope vs the 6dB/octave from a single series capacitor LPF. one advantage of passive filter networks is no external power needed, but downside is source needs to have not only a low output impedance, but the ability to drive a reactive low-impedance load (e.g. ~1K or less) without distortion. Pro audio gear is often designed to drive 600ohm balanced loads.

Balanced Nervosa .....
Saw so many at those DAP and iem/headphone users .... they claim it can achieve better soundstage....
They paid more for a balanced connector but never know it can be a fake one .... and those lousy Youtubers pushed it to extreme to get more income and sales .....
looking at the specs, one can spot the "fake balanced" ones. for a given load impedance, true-balanced out DAP units will typically have 1.5x-4x higher max power rating for the balanced vs SE output.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 8:43 PM Post #116,895 of 153,247
Not a bad choice …. Now, who do we really want to portray Miss Moneypenny?
To be honest, Lois Maxwell is Moneypenny. And Connery is Bond. Desmond Llewelyn is Q. The original cast of the first few films would be my choice and given the way things are going with film, it is very close to being quite possible to digitally insert dead people into film. One supposes they would pay the estate of the folks but who knows? Daniel Craig was excellent and I fear we may have seen the last of kick ass and it will now be kiss ass.

I will always choose class over ass. This is why for the most part I eschew modern film. Even if it represents today's zeitgeist I want nothing to do with much of what this "world" has to offer. Yeah...I am old and happily set in my ways for music, movies and more.:beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back