Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 8, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #119,776 of 153,062
Just wanted to thank everybody for posting music videos. It's fun to discover new things. Someone posted Band-Maid late last year, now I have a bunch of their CDs and tickets to see them in August.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked them. Though, I'm sorry if I caused any financial hardships...! :grinning: 🥴 :laughing:

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #119,777 of 153,062
Did you just copy and paste my review of the first Avatar? If not, then you're saying nothing's changed since then?
No, I mean it has gotten way worse. If the first movie was written to catch the 15 year old, this one was aimed at the 8 year old. Everything was exaggerated to point that even a child would follow it. As an adult, I found it ridiculous. Overdone if almost every sense, although I didn't finish it so I can't really say it if improved or got worse in the last 55 minutes.

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #119,778 of 153,062
Is anyone using a cheap dap as a transport with the Modi? Anything work well? My work laptop is short on storage, but I've got a Schiit stack at work.
My travel rig uses either a FiiO X5 III direct to Vali 2 or through a modi of one sort or another. If I travel by car, I prefer Modi Multibit OG, but if I’m flying, any 5V powered Modi will do. So yes, I do, and I prefer the modi hands down to the direct to Vali method. All I had to do was find a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Works great.

“cheap” is the interesting word here. I don’t know how cheap you can gomand still get digital out on a DAP these days, but Inhaven’t looked. If you’d care to share your options/thoughts, I’d enjoy hearing!

Jun 8, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #119,779 of 153,062
I'm also saddened by the passing of George Winston this week. I'm looking at his Summer and December CDs in my Case Logic binder. Have more in the cabinet. Some of my earliest in the CD collection. Looking forward to hearing them in my future URD! Hitting me a bit harder as my own father passed a couple weeks ago. Here is a shot of both of us in Hawaii in the 70's. Slàinte mhath

IMG_6484.jpeg

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #119,780 of 153,062
Tonight's Syn-full song recommendation:

Roll Away The Stone...... Leon Russell

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #119,781 of 153,062
I'm also saddened by the passing of George Winston this week. I'm looking at his Summer and December CDs in my Case Logic binder. Have more in the cabinet. Some of my earliest in the CD collection. Looking forward to hearing them in my future URD! Hitting me a bit harder as my own father passed a couple weeks ago. Here is a shot of both of us in Hawaii in the 70's. Slàinte mhath

Sorry to hear about your father. I found when my parents died an extra emotional attachment to any music that we shared. Guaranteed to make me cry, but it's cathartic and makes me feel closer to them for a moment. Just spinning Solitaire by Andy Williams in honor of my dad right now. I know I'm going to cry, but that's what it is for. So we'll probably listen to Abba's Chiquitita next. Slàinte mhath

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #119,783 of 153,062
Sorry to hear about your father. I found when my parents died an extra emotional attachment to any music that we shared. Guaranteed to make me cry, but it's cathartic and makes me feel closer to them for a moment. Just spinning Solitaire by Andy Williams in honor of my dad right now. I know I'm going to cry, but that's what it is for. So we'll probably listen to Abba's Chiquitita next. Slàinte mhath
It's amazing how good Abba sounds on my headphones tonight.

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #119,784 of 153,062
IMG_6599.jpeg

Thanks for the kind note. My parents started handing over key aspect of their LP collection over the last few years. Here are 2 of my favorites. They saw Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass on the Seattle Waterfront at the Edgewater Hotel in the 60"s and sat right in front of the stage before he hit it big. Much appreciated!

Jun 8, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #119,787 of 153,062
Sorry about your father. Really. My mother passed 2 yrs ago and it still hits me hard when Jackson Browne's Doctor My Eyes plays. One of her favorites, and mine. Life.... damn.
Thank you. He lived a long life to 88 years. 3 children. 6 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren. Never a smoker but lung and prostate cancer finally got him. He was a mechanical engineer as I followed in his footsteps. I love helping him change the oil in the cars. He handed over his 72 Mazda RX-2 when I was 18 and I got to drive him last fall in my 2022 MX-5 Miata. My mom said he couldn't sleep the night I bought the car...he always wanted one.
The white one was a loner while I was getting PPF applied to the front of the car. Mine is Machine Grey with Terracota seats. My CX-5 is Soul Red.

IMG_4920.jpeg

IMG_4938.jpeg

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #119,789 of 153,062

I'm sorry for your loss, Steve.
That's a great photo of the both of you!

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #119,790 of 153,062
I'm sorry for your loss, Steve.
That's a great photo of the both of you!
Thank you sir. He was an avid photographer as a hobby and he had a dark room in their house. I picked up the hobby as well. It was hard to sort their house of 47 years last year but glad we got them move a year ahead of his passing. It is a poor scan of the slide he made but it is what I have and will cherish it. Love your posts, keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back