Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 24, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #145,037 of 153,247
Gotta say. I'm pretty excited to hear about Schiit's expansion in Texas. I'm hoping that it will mean expansion to include mfg of the bigger 'power cord / internal power supply' units. I'd love to start getting 'Made in Texas' stickers with the bigger products. 😉
…not to mention the shorter shipping times that would entail, right? ;p

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #145,038 of 153,247
This is 100% incorrect. We are stocking the Schiitr.
I’m terribly sorry if I am mistaken. I really don’t want to spread incorrect information. (To clarify, I was told this and was not able to buy anything at the time but it is entirely possible it was some sort of miscommunication.). Obviously if Jason says this is incorrect, it is incorrect.

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #145,039 of 153,247
Mar 24, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #145,040 of 153,247
I’m terribly sorry if I am mistaken. I really don’t want to spread incorrect information. (To clarify, I was told this and was not able to buy anything at the time but it is entirely possible it was some sort of miscommunication.). Obviously if Jason says this is incorrect, it is incorrect.
No worries. Not sure how that idea got out there, but I became aware of it from a couple of reviews we got at the Schiitr. That's a fantastic weekend to be sure. It's been cleared up now. Or at least I hope so.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 24, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #145,041 of 153,247
Gotta say, I'm pretty excited to hear about Schiit's expansion in Texas. I'm hoping that it will mean expansion to include mfg of the bigger 'power cord / internal power supply' units. I'd love to start getting 'Made in Texas' stickers with the bigger products. 😉
Texa(s) with the Schiit "S" on the end would be cool.

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:39 PM Post #145,043 of 153,247
That said, yeah, I have a hard time keeping up.
You have a hard time keeping up with-

200 + posts/day?
1400 + posts/week?
6000 + posts/month?

I realize where most of my posts fall on the signal/noise ratio, but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find time to sift thru the thread to find meaningful content.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #145,044 of 153,247
Those numbers sound like a thriving community. There are forums that would kill for that level of engagement on their entire forum - not just on one thread. 😄

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #145,045 of 153,247
The concept of the Stammtisch makes sense when the number of people commenting on this thread was smaller. I guess I approach it more like a big party where I wander from one group to another, sometimes silently listening to a conversation, sometimes making my own comments, never fully hearing everything that is going on. I’m perfectly fine not knowing half of what’s going on… that’s been my whole life…

I don’t feel like I have to “catch up” to the discussion. I just drop in and get a feel for what people are talking about and if I have something relevant to say, I sometimes say it or sometimes keep my mouth shut (depending on how big a fool I want people to see me as)
Precisely.

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #145,046 of 153,247
No worries. Not sure how that idea got out there, but I became aware of it from a couple of reviews we got at the Schiitr. That's a fantastic weekend to be sure. It's been cleared up now. Or at least I hope so.
This is a huge relief!!! Now I can happily go back to impulse buying Schiit! (I’ll admit I get a great deal of joy living close enough to the Schiitr that I can come in and listen to stuff and walk away with some fun new audio gear.)

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #145,047 of 153,247
I'm in general very happy that people have found their Stammitsch here. The goal here was never to guide the thread, either towards purchase (evil salesperson!) or towards any other endpoint. In general, it's served as a creative outlet for me, a proxy since I don't really write books anymore. (Though that's changing, I'm writing fiction again, yes I am insane).

And Stammitsch is a great way to look at this. It's a bar. It's a group of friends, some having good days, some having bad days, some interested in talking about stuff other than audio, some with different audio beliefs. And that's fine.

That said, yeah, I have a hard time keeping up. But that doesn't mean it's time for ground rules on what needs to be posted or what shouldn't be discussed. It's realllllly easy to skim by the stuff you don't want to read, and it's dead-easy to use the index of all the chapters on the first page, and you can search for what I post if you just want Various Schiit News From Jason.

It's compounded because this is the busiest year of our existence, with lots of things happening that need my time and attention. I'll talk about some of them on Wednesday at the Schiitrmeet.
I'm amazed you have any time at all to check in on this thread considering everything else you have to deal with on your plate.

Bravo.

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #145,048 of 153,247
Ditto. But I am always happy and grateful when he does stop by and post. My wallet? Not so much. 😏

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #145,050 of 153,247
Ditto. But I am always happy and grateful when he does stop by and post. My wallet? Not so much. 😏
One of the special things about this thread are getting the Jason likes/quotes/comments, no doubt. And also the other fellaz like Mike, Alex, and Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back