Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #145,233 of 153,043
P.S. Harman apparently ordered Roon to improve their customer relationships so they've recently put a ton of fixes into Roon ARC to make it more reliable. Haven't tried it yet (again) as my new car came with SiriusXM for a year. 80s on 8 ftw!
Classic Vinyl on 26 for me. The worst thing about SXM for me is the low bitrate of the over-the-air channels - satellite bandwidth is not cheap, I get it... their internet streams are much higher quality; so I use my iPhone 15 via Apple CarPlay, running the SXM app and... it sounds MUCH better in my car... YMMV of course.

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #145,234 of 153,043
Already did! And you'll notice Vali 3 sittin' pretty up top, so assertions from the (usual) peanut gallery that it's an old picture won't fly. 🤣 And I may have something for you too. Probably not going to be liquor, 'cause if you get much more at this point the state may require you to get a liquor license. :laughing:

Ok, ok. I suppose I need to find some sort of cardboard box and packing.🤪 Finnegan is hoping it’s smoked salmon.😺

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #145,235 of 153,043
Ok, ok. I suppose I need to find some sort of cardboard box and packing.🤪 Finnegan is hoping it’s smoked salmon.😺
I seem to have a few boxes right now if you need any. Beautiful stack of cardboard, don't you think? 🤣

boxes.jpg

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #145,236 of 153,043
Already did! And you'll notice Vali 3 sittin' pretty up top, so assertions from the (usual) peanut gallery that it's an old picture won't fly. 🤣 And I may have something for you too. Probably not going to be liquor, 'cause if you get much more at this point the state may require you to get a liquor license. :laughing:

Vali 3 Powered.jpg
That's actually a pretty sharp-looking shelf, but, obviously it's been bested.

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #145,238 of 153,043
Maybe change the output tubes.
IIRC the FV topology OTL/OCL was a one off design. Jason didn’t seem hyped about continuing the FV tech like Halo and continuity. Although Jason can do anything to surprise us, I doubt he’s going to expand Schiit’s tube stash with a new output tube.

The biggest issue with the Valhalla is the narrow band of truly compatible headphones. It runs out of juice pretty quick. Now add the impedance multiplier and some other lurking tweaks up his sleeve, that could be interesting.

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #145,239 of 153,043

Vali 3 Powered.jpg
You live in OK for a week and already you are a teetotaler? P. S: If you are discarding that Schiit rack, please talk to me first.

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #145,241 of 153,043
Oh, you can bet your butt! 😁

1711377915504.jpeg

Not my actual Frühstück, sadly, mostly because I can’t get actually good soft pretzels or rolls to safe my life over here. But close enough for illustration purposes.

With that said, there’s a nice restaurant up in Sutter Creek, CA, the creatively named Sutter Creek Hotel, and they have pretty decent soft pretzels on the menu. They dowse them in butter, which I don’t love, but they’re better than most other soft pretzels I’ve ever had on the west coast. And there’s a German bakery in San Jose, CA, that’s got some pretty good stuff. But they’re both a bit too far away from where I live to go fetch some fresh baked goods for a proper breakfast.

Fingers crossed that this will change once I’m in Texas. The area that I’ll be moving to in a few weeks has a strong, active German background, and here’s hoping that there’s at least one solid bakery in driving distance.

Speaking of soft pretzels…
I don’t remember where exactly that was, but one of the best soft pretzels I’ve ever had was in Manhattan, somewhere around the Hell’s Kitchen area. Warm and crunchy and just the right amount of salt — and filled with marzipan! 😳
Sounds like an abomination? Sounds like heresy? Oh, you’ve got no idea! The only heresy here is that it tasted like literal heaven on earth! 🤤
My German mom would generally approve the above selection, that is liverwurst next to the tomatos, right? She would be looking for the blood sausage. Happy chow time!

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #145,242 of 153,043
My German mom would generally approve the above selection, that is liverwurst next to the tomatos, right? She would be looking for the blood sausage. Happy chow time!
That should be grobe Leberwurst (chunky liverwurst) to the right of the tomatoes, yes. Unsure about what the one to the left of the tomatoes is. Could be Teewurst (tea sausage spread), but the color doesn't really fit. Could also be Obatzda (a Bavarian soft cheese spread).

I'm really not a fan of blood sausage. I think I can count all the people I know who actually do like it on just one hand. The picture I posted is more of a Bavarian style breakfast. Blood sausage is more of a Baden-Württemberg and Rhineland thing.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 7:37 PM Post #145,243 of 153,043
I seem to have a few boxes right now if you need any. Beautiful stack of cardboard, don't you think? 🤣

boxes.jpg
🤔🫰😃 ..... use the cardboard to build a third closet for your audio stuff since the missus exercised eminent domain on the second closet .... ☑️

Mar 25, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #145,244 of 153,043
That should be grobe Leberwurst (chunky liverwurst) to the right of the tomatoes, yes. Unsure about what the one to the left of the tomatoes is. Could be Teewurst (tea sausage spread), but the color doesn't really fit. Could also be Obatzda (a Bavarian soft cheese spread).

I'm really not a fan of blood sausage. I think I can count all the people I know who actually do like it on just one hand. The picture I posted is more of a Bavarian style breakfast. Blood sausage is more of a Baden-Württemberg and Rhineland thing.
Wurst case scenario

1711410158442.png

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #145,245 of 153,043
🤔🫰😃 ..... use the cardboard to build a third closet for your audio stuff since the missus exercised eminent domain on the second closet .... ☑️
Perhaps in the kitchen? 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back