Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 29, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #145,831 of 153,183
Mar 29, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #145,832 of 153,183
I think @Paladin likes Willett's because he's hoping Babara Eden comes out of the bottle in a waft of smoke:

lol maybe.😉 I do like Willets but I enjoy Noah’s Mill more😁 IMG_7648.jpeg

Then there is this bottle. Some here may know it, high proof beer, maybe 26 % ABF or thereabouts.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #145,833 of 153,183
lol maybe.😉 I do like Willets but I enjoy Noah’s Mill more😁

Then there is this bottle. Some here may know it, high proof beer, maybe 26 % ABF or thereabouts.
oh, GOD, i tried that in Dallas before a concert and BLECK that was nasty stuff.

Too refined and stronk for me!

Edit: I actually tried the Quadruple Bock which is like a little bro compared that this. Similar alcohol content % .

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #145,834 of 153,183
I think it's called Samuel Adams Quadruple Bock iirc
oh, GOD, i tried that in Dallas before a concert and BLECK that was nasty stuff.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #145,835 of 153,183
Here is an example of why it pays to be nice to people, these came from some gypsy who wanders from state to state searching for the best bar-b-cue.🤪

These are one of a kind since the factory was bombed. Some amazing KT-90’s.
I switched to solid state after I used up the last of my Ei KT-90's. Those tubes are/were magic.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #145,836 of 153,183

It is more like brandy. I have some a friend made I like better.🤪

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #145,837 of 153,183
My initial based-upon-photos-of-it-thoughts on the Vali 3?

Nice. Not good looking enough for me but I am shallow that way. But the Vali 3 is quite Schitty-Pretty and that is NOT damning it with faith praise in the least.

Audio enthusiasts view this hobby as a way of life. And the frAudiophiles?

A way of strife.

Listen to the music, not the equipment. Schiit lets you do just that. But I wish the stuff was better looking. To ME!

ZatORTichi

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #145,838 of 153,183
I switched to solid state after I used up the last of my Ei KT-90's. Those tubes are/were magic.
I run them in and amp that is very gentle on tubes and if one of the eight were to fail, technically I can replace it with most anything. Auto bias

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #145,839 of 153,183

That stuff will put lead in your pencil and hair on your chest! 🤣

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #145,840 of 153,183
I didn’t see the post in question as I must admit to losing interest in the forum recently; simply too many posts to keep up.
Jason, you are very tolerant and it is rare that you step in, but hats off for removing BS about politics.
I rarely watch TV because I’m so sick of politics, so the last thing I need is some opinionated fools giving me the ‘benefit’ of their views on a forum which is, to me, an escape from all that schiit!
I have only ever visited two States in the US- Florida (a few times many years ago) and Texas last November.
I visited an old friend from the UK in Dallas last November.
I went with an open mind and loved my short stay.
I met some lovely, welcoming people and enjoyed superb food and drink.
It wasn’t BBQ weather, so I can remain impartial about which States do the best BBQs.
My brother spent 3 weeks in California last October and loved it.
There is so much to see…
The States are too big for us here in the UK to take in!
Texas alone is many times larger than the whole British Isles.
I will definitely return.
As a fellow Brit, I loved Texas when I went there for a telecoms standards forum. It was at Fort Worth and was intrigued with the rifle culture, and played a few games of pool with the locals - Super Bowl happened to be on at the same time.

Andrew

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #145,842 of 153,183
I think it's called Samuel Adams Quadruple Bock iirc
This is Utopias by Samual Adam’s, it can fetch $600 a bottle, a friend spent $1,000 making a couple cases of this type of product.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #145,843 of 153,183
C’mon laddies! More input please!

Let's have some fun and create the Schiit Happened Playlist 2024 !

I've seen so much great music being shared here, so let's create the ultimate crazy playlist for 2024!

Add 4 fine songs/pieces you find great for musical and/or sonic pleasure. Additionally add 1 album and 1 artist you - at this point in time - prefer, love or just think should get some attention here.

I'll assemble and order the songs in a shared Apple Music playlist (maybe also Qobuz we'll see) to the the best of effort - and I promise - at least I will listen through it all at least once! The list of albums & artists can be browsed for inspiration by all...

Let's go! Post your answers HERE!

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #145,844 of 153,183
I run them in and amp that is very gentle on tubes and if one of the eight were to fail, technically I can replace it with most anything. Auto bias
My Quicksilver V-4's used eight also. Mine lasted for over ten years, which sounds like a long time until it's over.

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #145,845 of 153,183
My Quicksilver V-4's used eight also. Mine lasted for over ten years, which sounds like a long time until it's over.
Very true.🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back