Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 29, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #145,907 of 153,331
My 2 sons and my 2 step daughters all made it through with our help. During our 'worst' year we had

a 3rd Year NYU Law student
a UConn SR
a St Joseph's (West Hartford, CT) JR
and a UHart FR

for 10 years we had at least one in school. 4 of them in 1 year, 3 for 2 years, 2 for 2 years and 1 for 5 years. Good times, glad they are long gone

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #145,908 of 153,331
Hey, does anyone remember seeing @Jason Stoddard say anything about an Unison Output device (like Urd)? One that plugged directly into a PC or music player seems like it would sell like crazy; especially with how everyone speaks of Urd. For us that want Unison-Out to Unison-in on our Yggys, Gumbys, and Bimbys but who don't use cds or are looking for a 3-figure solution.
By all accounts Unison is fantastic when paired with Unison Output.

Maybe this is one of the fan suggested products :thinking:

I am still running Gen 5 but if I had a plug-in Unison output option I'd scoop one up and one for the Yggy.

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #145,909 of 153,331
Mar 29, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #145,910 of 153,331
Hey, does anyone remember seeing @Jason Stoddard say anything about an Unison Output device (like Urd)? One that plugged directly into a PC or music player seems like it would sell like crazy; especially with how everyone speaks of Urd. For us that want Unison-Out to Unison-in on our Yggys, Gumbys, and Bimbys but who don't use cds or are looking for a 3-figure solution.

I am still running Gen 5 but if I had a plug-in Unison output option I'd scoop one up and one for the Yggy.
Meaning URD without the CD drive? My memory is that he said, "Possible" but did not seem really excited about it.

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #145,911 of 153,331

I requested a Unison DDC - essentially an Urd without the CD part. Jason didn't seem to be too interested and didn't really know if there would be any demand. I begged to differ, but I don't think there's any real interest in making one. ☹️

Mar 29, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #145,912 of 153,331
That would be the good stuff from South Carolina. NC puts vinegar in thier BBQ and South Carolina puts vinegar on thier French fries.
Having lived most of my life in the BBQ Triangle of Austin to KC to Memphis, those of us around these parts tend to like all of the above and- even though everyone has a #1 preference- tend to show respect for the other nearby Q.

But in general we mix up the Carolina Q and we tend to giggle about the vinegar and mustard, if Im being honest.
I'm sure it has it's place but I haven't really had any outside of chains (like Famous Dave's or Smokey Bones) and they don't probably do it justice.

It's just really hard to beat Texas Brisket, Arkansas burnt ends, & Memphis ribs (muddy) imo.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #145,913 of 153,331
Meaning URD without the CD drive? My memory is that he said, "Possible" but did not seem really excited about it.
Yeah bc it could be like $150 ish and be the best way to get great usb , as by all accounts Urd usb unison to unison is as good as AES.

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #145,914 of 153,331
I requested a Unison DDC - essentially an Urd without the CD part. Jason didn't seem to be too interested and didn't really know if there would be any demand. I begged to differ, but I don't think there's any real interest in making one. ☹️
Maybe he downplayed it to throw off our scent; at least I hope thats why!

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #145,915 of 153,331
Mar 29, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #145,916 of 153,331
My son went to Caltech. No scholastic scholarships. I was worried. I could pay for my Son @ Caltech for 4 years, but not having much left over to help pay for my Daughter's college. I paid the Q1 tuition. When it was time to pay for Q2, my son said he had it. I never paid another penny of his tuition. He covered it playing on-line poker. My daughter was very lucky (as was I). Both kids have both gone on to excel at their chosen fields. I'm very proud of both of them.

Parenting is very fulfilling, but there is no way to really prepare. I'm lucky things turned out beautifully.

Leo

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #145,917 of 153,331
*Waves to the famous lurker

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #145,919 of 153,331
My son went to Caltech. No scholastic scholarships. I was worried. I could pay for my Son @ Caltech for 4 years, but not having much left over to help pay for my Daughter's college. I paid the Q1 tuition. When it was time to pay for Q2, my son said he had it. I never paid another penny of his tuition. He covered it playing on-line poker. My daughter was very lucky (as was I). Both kids have both gone on to excel at their chosen fields. I'm very proud of both of them.

Parenting is very fulfilling, but there is no way to really prepare. I'm lucky things turned out beautifully.

Leo
THAT is an AWESOME STORY dude. You raised a damn WINNER is what you did.

Mar 29, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #145,920 of 153,331
I always say there's no need for arguments: Texas has the best brisket, central/eastern NC is the best pork, and KC is weird ketchup food. Alabama is unique with the white sauce and they have some of the best sides.
I cant disagree with any of this. The Alabamans arent hearing any of it though, they want their damn white sauce lol.
Just add Memphis dry or muddy ribs, them Arkansas burnt ends, and a shout-out to the Saturday special up here- the Beef Ribs from Wright's BBQ are world class. The burnt ends are in the top left cornerr. Thats my FAVORITE favorite. All time. Meat candy. It pops and melts in your mouth, man.
https://www.wrightsbbq.com

image_2024-03-29_210822058.png
image_2024-03-29_211103838.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back