Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 2, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #146,521 of 153,170
Well I think I kindah sorta got caught up with this thread after dreaming of large rustic HiFi racks.

But now I have another problem and I see Ripper is here, bean expert. Being a Florida resident for 63 years where Publix is king, we say Publix-schmuglix! Getting groceries and dining in at H-E-B all at the same time is the way to go. And $5.00 pints on draft on Tuesday...all day.

So, is it ok to have a little brisket chopped in with the beans? Tasty idea anyway.
IMG_20240402_171104151.jpg

IMG_20240402_174030347.jpg

Must take a nap now!

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #146,522 of 153,170
@OldRoadToad - someone in Wisconsin has this for sale on the Schiit FaceBook group. When I saw the photo I thought of you from an earlier post where you wondered what those large PSVane tubes would look like in a Schiit amp/preamp. They do look pretty nice!

1712097059723.png
If that's a chocolate squirrel, it's gonna melt.
If it's a ferrous metal... probably not a great idea either.
If it's wood, it's funny.

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #146,523 of 153,170
If that's a chocolate squirrel, it's gonna melt.
If it's a ferrous metal... probably not a great idea either.
If it's wood, it's funny.
It's a quantum tunneled, cryo-treated, electron-focusing crystal lattice grown in a controlled Fibonacci sequence that re-orders surrounding electromagnetic fields to dramatically improve soundstage width, depth, and imaging in any system. Night and day difference, most users report. Also available in a plankton shape if you prefer. Detractors have claimed it's just some dumb squirrel ornament looking at those tubes and wishing his nuts were that big. 🤣

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #146,524 of 153,170
It's a quantum tunneled, cryo-treated, electron-focusing crystal lattice grown in a controlled Fibonacci sequence that re-orders surrounding electromagnetic fields to dramatically improve soundstage width, depth, and imaging in any system. Night and day difference, most users report. Also available in a plankton shape if you prefer. Detractors have claimed it's just some dumb squirrel ornament looking at those tubes and wishing his nuts were that big. 🤣

So. You built a Tice clock in a squirrel.

Cool.

:beerchug:
JC

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #146,525 of 153,170
I did not say that well but I get your point. The 2 does have increased protection from what I have read. Basically you push both units till protection kicks in? Is there a purpose for doing that?
I wasn’t trying to hit protection mode when I hit it with the Aegir 2. I was just listening a little louder than normal because I had the house to myself. Was kind of surprised actually. Then I switched to Aegir 1 and didn’t hit protection mode at the same volume, same song, same everything. Will see what customer service says. Thanks.

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #146,526 of 153,170
HA! never ever ever.

:joy:
Oh, so you'll claim it but you won't rep it? I see how it is... :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Btw, aren't real Texas belt buckles big enough to eat bbq off of? That one in the pic looks like it's fit only for dessert.

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #146,527 of 153,170
Well I think I kindah sorta got caught up with this thread after dreaming of large rustic HiFi racks.

But now I have another problem and I see Ripper is here, bean expert. Being a Florida resident for 63 years where Publix is king, we say Publix-schmuglix! Getting groceries and dining in at H-E-B all at the same time is the way to go. And $5.00 pints on draft on Tuesday...all day.

So, is it ok to have a little brisket chopped in with the beans? Tasty idea anyway.IMG_20240402_171104151.jpg
IMG_20240402_174030347.jpg
Must take a nap now!
Aaack! I'm still in happy hours and not dinner yet.

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #146,532 of 153,170
Makes great sense. Seems a tad overkill quite sufficient for background music. Listening at loud levels in the nearfield (>83dB) is only recommended when not at the desk to suffer the brunt of the loud levels. More than two hours at that level can cause hearing damage - about 90 minutes after brain damage occurs. So... get a Rekkr and a bottle of self-control. Are those bottles still sold? :joy:
Even sooner if you're listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #146,533 of 153,170
The overnight posts here are like late night AM radio found in the deepest pockets of flyover country. I read my last post at 10:30 PM EDT, and I woke up to ~40 posts all concerning chilli with a small diversion into belt buckles.

You folks are the schiit! (and depending the provenance of the chilli, e.g. gas stations...nevermind). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It's a GAS! :darthsmile:

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #146,534 of 153,170
Anyone here happen to own the early ZMF models like the Ori or Blackwood? I'm wondering which Schiit would best power those planar beasts and still sound fun. Mjolnir 2 seemed like a good choice, but what about current lineup?
I have a Mod House Argon MK2, which is based on the Fostex T50RP like the Ori and Blackwood. It sounds great on my Mjolnir 3, even from the lower-powered SE output. I haven’t tried them with any cheaper Schiit amps, but I’m sure an MJ3 isn’t necessary.

I have better headphones than the Argons, but I was surprised how good they sounded on my Yggy/MJ3 combo.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #146,535 of 153,170
It's Cincinnati based for sure. And it isn't bad as long as you treat it as fast/comfort food. But, coming from NE OH I consider all of that area to be Kentucky anyways. Next week I make an Ohio run for work and will definitely get some Skyline.

Heading to Seattle today if anyone has any recs...
Recs for whiskey (if interested): Westland makes amazing American Single Malts, like, some of the best in the country. Awesome place to visit, too. If you meet a woman who works there named Ana, tell her sixergixer (Steven) sent you. :)

Westland Distillery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back