Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 3, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #146,641 of 153,309
Here's a question on tubes: I have some headphones and I want to try tubes: do I go for a Valhalla 2, a Vali 3, or wait for Valhalla 3? Put a different way, should my first tube product be a hybrid or otl (or otl/ocl) product?
I have a lot of Schiit in my house but I have to say that the best bang for my buck has been my Vali 2. Lots of tubes to play with and they aren’t crazy expensive. Such a fun little amp.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #146,642 of 153,309
One more political thing or ad hom insult and I'll pause this thread for a week or two.

Relax. Enjoy life. I'm not enjoying being the gatekeeper here.
I dunno who the yahoos are that can’t follow instructions, but at this point, just perma-ban them? Sheesh, can’t we let a common love of great Schiit gear and the wonderful music it enables in our lives to transcend mere “Politics” (Latin, I think, for Many Bloodsucking Insect Pests)?

It pains me that someone as busy as Jason (won’t “at” him - grin) who graces us with the very existence of this thread dedicated to those passionate about, and interested in learning about, his gear… let alone ANY time out of his schedule to participate… would have to stoop to troll-modding. I’ve been a mod (for many years over on Cloudynights). We took a super hard stance there. No politics PERIOD. Every mod was empowered to immediately BAN anyone violating (Judgment and discretion were allowed for innocent, first-time mistakes. It almost never took a second warning to any one individual.

Heck, I came close to that line not that long ago, my error (which was innocent), was immediately: a) owned, and b) apologized for, and c) will never happen again. I apologized to the member offended unintentionally, and we’re good. THAT is how CONSIDERATE, functioning ADULTS behave. The others?

One or two precise, laser-focused, and well publicized perma-bans will do the trick, based on previous experience.

I feel your frustration, Jason. Please don’t let the inconsiderate (being diplomatic) tools wear you down.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #146,645 of 153,309
Come on, people!!! Really? How about a little self-control. It really isn't that hard to just stop the politics and nonsense. I'm the poster child for lack of self-control and I manage to restrain my political posting. ☹️

** I suggest un-abiding yahoos receive a perm ban and be blacklisted from buying Schiit gear. :wink:

Did someone mention nonsense...? I'll volunteer...! :thinking: :grin: 🤣

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #146,646 of 153,309
Very good to hear this. My mind is being molded and shaped into a better thing today! Love that. :)

I'm loving what I'm hearing from the HD6XX, just wish they had more bass presence, authority, and wallop. Like, there are lower frequencies there and I'm hearing them, but they sound like they're next door, not in the space with all of the other frequencies. My Final E5000 are not like that - the bass frequencies have absolutely as much presence and importance as every other frequency in a song. It's my favorite aspect of those IEMs.

I'm just realizing that my ears have started disliking the pressure of IEMs properly inserted so I've borrowed the HD6XX as an exploration back to over-ear 'phones. I just need a more complete package frequency response-wise than the 6XX provides.

I'm open to anybody's suggestions in the sub-$500-ish range that pair well with a Magni+.
Another + one for Sundara. They sound great with all three of my headphone amps, Magni, Vali 2++, iFi ZEN Can, plus the Hiby R6 Pro 2 dap. I find it easy to get lost in the music.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #146,647 of 153,309
Another + one for Sundara. They sound great with all three of my headphone amps, Magni, Vali 2++, iFi ZEN Can, plus the Hiby R6 Pro 2 dap. I find it easy to get lost in the music.

I just dropped my Drop HiFiMan HE-400i's, and killed them. At least the left planar. I might have to step up with their replacement. Good to know HiFiMan has other worthy alternatives. :smile:

Thanks.

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #146,648 of 153,309

Add me to the Sundara fan list. Love mine.

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #146,649 of 153,309
Be sure to report back as to how much you love Skoll.

What tables are you going to restore?
Starting with a Thorens if all goes well. Then something from the early days of stereo tables but I do not want to talk about that one yet.🤪 Down the road I will get into more specifics but I believe some of you know I can probably build a plinth. The Skoll should be a good addition to a setup with a Freya + and Cary SLA 70 MK 2 and Lokius. I also have this beast but I want Skoll’s remote capabilities. IMG_7677.jpeg

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #146,650 of 153,309
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 04.06.57.png

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #146,651 of 153,309
Here's a question on tubes: I have some headphones and I want to try tubes: do I go for a Valhalla 2, a Vali 3, or wait for Valhalla 3? Put a different way, should my first tube product be a hybrid or otl (or otl/ocl) product?
Ya cant go wrong with the Vali 3 for starters...
Alex

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #146,652 of 153,309
For the eclipse crowd, while I'm sure the local weather reports will reflect it, expect cooler weather during the eclipse (and not just during the "total" eclipse hours). We had one in 1984 over the Georgia Tech campus, while I was a student there. It was markedly cooler that morning when I left the dorms, as a partial eclipse had already begun even though the morning sun seemed as bright as usual. When the full eclipse got going, it was definitely a neat experience. During the middle of the day, being able to see all the lights in the nearby (off campus) office buildings was definitely odd, while everything had a dusk appearance. (the Georgia Tech campus is on a large expanse of land within downtown Atlanta for those unaware).

Enjoy!

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #146,653 of 153,309
I will be out tonight, so I want to post my Jazz recommendation before heading out...

1712176054444.png

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:46 PM Post #146,655 of 153,309
Can you please post pics of your Thorens turntable? Thanks!
I will at some point in the future when completed, a good friend is sending it my way but we are not there yet. I am working on clearing space in my shop, thus I am building a few things for folks on here. I am still hoping someone else needs a mini rack for Vali sized pieces.😁 Finnegan requested I trade for smoked salmon so I shall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back