Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 5, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #146,881 of 153,123
Mozart sonatas:

IMG_9424.jpeg

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #146,882 of 153,123
I read that Tidal Bowl is reducing the price of membership soon. I have never tried it as it was owned primarily owned by a cRap fArteest and I try not to support things I do not enjoy. Kinda like I never bought that Neil Doung :beerchug: DAP for the same reason. I do not enjoy his music as much as many others do.

So then...I would look into it once Denon''s HEOS can handle Atmos music as I have listened to much of George Harrison's catalog in Atmos via Amazon Music and the Firestick thingy for my TV. Atmos can be enjoyable but I usually listen in "multi channel stereo". Does anyone here enjoy Classical in Atmos? Of late I am listening to much of the classical stuff my mother enjoyed when we both were young.

She shaped my musical taste so I am primarily traditional Jazz and Pop Vocals but she was a Beach Boys enthusiast too. I am curiouser about Classical in Atmos but again, right now it is via my Sennheiser RS195 'phones but over the last few days it has been primarily in multi channel stereo which in truth is quite nice which is how I think the Schiit Syn would reproduce its "surround" effect(s).

Anyhoo, I am far from a rabid connoisseur so I turn to all of you for advice on classical either in stereo or Atmos (if available).

As to the Sennheisr RS195, I bought them several years ago and like them just fine. In one way I think they are easier for me as I do not have to "pair" them to anything. YES!! And they are kinda similar to hard-wired set ups as I use them and do not roam around with them on. I sit and listen. Never "critically" mind you, I just want to hear my mother in the music.

Enough ramblin'! Thank you all for any insight into Classical music in either Atmos or good ol' Stereophonic Sound!
Thank you!

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:13 PM Post #146,884 of 153,123
I read that Tidal Bowl is reducing the price of membership soon. I have never tried it as it was owned primarily owned by a cRap fArteest and I try not to support things I do not enjoy. Kinda like I never bought that Neil Doung :beerchug: DAP for the same reason. I do not enjoy his music as much as many others do.

So then...I would look into it once Denon''s HEOS can handle Atmos music as I have listened to much of George Harrison's catalog in Atmos via Amazon Music and the Firestick thingy for my TV. Atmos can be enjoyable but I usually listen in "multi channel stereo". Does anyone here enjoy Classical in Atmos? Of late I am listening to much of the classical stuff my mother enjoyed when we both were young.

She shaped my musical taste so I am primarily traditional Jazz and Pop Vocals but she was a Beach Boys enthusiast too. I am curiouser about Classical in Atmos but again, right now it is via my Sennheiser RS195 'phones but over the last few days it has been primarily in multi channel stereo which in truth is quite nice which is how I think the Schiit Syn would reproduce its "surround" effect(s).

Anyhoo, I am far from a rabid connoisseur so I turn to all of you for advice on classical either in stereo or Atmos (if available).

As to the Sennheisr RS195, I bought them several years ago and like them just fine. In one way I think they are easier for me as I do not have to "pair" them to anything. YES!! And they are kinda similar to hard-wired set ups as I use them and do not roam around with them on. I sit and listen. Never "critically" mind you, I just want to hear my mother in the music.

Enough ramblin'! Thank you all for any insight into Classical music in either Atmos or good ol' Stereophonic Sound!
Thank you!

Classic for me… 2 channel stereo on loudspeakers in a large room, or small room for chamber music.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #146,888 of 153,123
Beans beans,
The musical art,
The more you eat,
The more you…

Andrew
My late Great Uncle had a variation of this…

Beans, beans
The musical fruit.
The more you eat,
The more you toot.

Apr 6, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #146,889 of 153,123
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 23.20.37.png

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #146,890 of 153,123
Apr 6, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #146,891 of 153,123

Thank you!

My $0.02 is that Atmos of classical doesn't sound right. Atmos mixes in general blow out the soundstage and feel artificial. You get a wow factor initially, but eventually something feels off. It's the worst for me with classical. Try as I might, I can't love Atmos music in my Atmos home theater. And, I most certainly have the quality goods to deliver awesome sound in my theater.

My suggestion is stick with Stereo/Mono for music and Atmos for movies.

Apr 6, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #146,892 of 153,123
Ok. Since it's the weekend, here's another couple of recommendations. If Electronica and Jazz had a baby, IMHO. Majority of the traits are Jazz. Seriously - give it a go. 😁

(Bass alert.)

1000005279.jpg

And if you're wanting something a bit more old-school...

1000005277.jpg

This should do ya. 😁
Any music featuring Billy Higgins is worth a listen, in my book. :)

Apr 6, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #146,893 of 153,123
i don’t remember who recommended this — but thank you !

IMG_0024.jpeg
I've been on Qobuz for about a year now ... that's one of the high-res albums that I bought from the site. Just tremendous, and glad you liked it!

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #146,894 of 153,123
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #146,895 of 153,123
Off to look at a car or three with my wife this morning. I've confirmed that the ones we're looking at have decent audio systems (priorities...). Alas, my dear and ever-practical wife has shot down the Jaguar (something something impractical i.e. too-small cargo space, :poop: mileage. Lovely interior, though and great towing capacity). Whatever we get needs to be able to carry a couple of medium-large dog crates + luggage and canine agility things-and-stuff, and/or a large telescope or 3. A Suburban is a touch too big with really lousy mileage :xf_wink:.

Buying Schiit is so much more fun: click-click <enter some info> click, wait for the delivery truck 4 days later. No leaving the house required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back