Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 3, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #150,331 of 153,123
May 3, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #150,332 of 153,123
Instruction to activate the Hubby Siri or Wifey Siri: when you enter the door, give a hug or soft kiss on the cheek, it starts to work. FREE ......

It never fail.

May 3, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #150,333 of 153,123
Maybe she'd like one of these?

1714761387891.png
image.png

A buddy owns this one.😁

May 3, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #150,334 of 153,123
You and your inflatable may cause marital strife.
@Bowmoreman when's the spouse's next long term trip?
The next long trip is BOTH of us. I stayed home this time because no dog-sitter. She got to meet our new (first) granddaughter; I got to rearrange…

May 3, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #150,335 of 153,123
I picked a Cambridge MXN10 over the Node. Typically better sound quality (users often report a more veiled sound from many Bluesound products), it is Roon Ready, and was a bit cheaper when I bought it, though now it looks like the standard Node has dropped in price with the release of the better Node X. So, for me it was the Cambridge, and unless one really needs the multi-room streaming capability of the Node, it still gets my nod.

WiiM is great, I just didn't trust the longevity of the brand at that point well over a year ago. Now it seems they're really here to stay, but I think I'd still choose the MXN10 were I making the decision today. :)
I am running a Wiim Pro, digital out to the Bifrost 2/64. It is a really nice combo so far. It is early days (not had it too long) but so far better than it has a right to be for the price. Kinda like Schiit stuff in that regard. The software app (running on a iPad) seems to be solid and easy to navigate.

So far, I am happy with it. Really can't go wrong for the price.

May 3, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #150,337 of 153,123
To be honest, I would be happy with a streamer that just sucked less...
My streamer totally does NOT suck, but it was not inexpensive. Having owned devices from the vendor for eight years, I watched their iOS software integration evolve to become seamless and fun to use. I think that the "you get what you pay for" adage fits here...

The recent hardware upgrade raised my Qobuz Studio streaming experience from great to sublime. More processing power in the box, and a much better power supply made a huge difference in the sound quality. It's nearly indescribable in any words that I could type at this moment, so I'll leave it at that.

I am sure that one could get a similar experience by spending less money, but I had the luxury of comparing the new streamer to my existing G1 model thanks to the vendor's trade-in program. I decided that I didn't want to build something that I'd have to futz with or maintain. I just want to listen to the music. <g> YMMV, of course.

May 3, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #150,338 of 153,123
THAT'S IT! Schiit should make a jukebox and Jason should call it the "Schiitbox". Perfect! 😂
Could be problematic as I think there's already a 💩 box... 🤔

1000005645.jpg

😏

Darn HF censor bot.

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #150,340 of 153,123
IMG_7865.jpeg

@Orange5o just had an excellent suggestion for his rack height, it always pays to communicate such things and all racks are still unique.🤪

Shipping no later than Monday. Finish can make the eyes shine like tiny jewels.IMG_7866.jpeg

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #150,342 of 153,123
That is not entirely correct. Muzo and WiiM are both LinkPlay brands. Their products are essentially made by the same folks, often with shared components and software libraries.
(For legal reasons, I'm not implying that there'd be anything wrong with that.)
Sure, but even though it's the same parent company, it's wrongheaded to equate an ancient, primitive, and poorly-supported product from one sub-brand with a different, recent, and exceptionally well-supported product from another. Given the attention and effort I've seen from WiiM's development and customer service teams, I don't know that I've witnessed a company more focused on after-sales support in the CE area, where the prevailing attitude all too often seems to be, "We have their money, so **** the consumer."

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #150,343 of 153,123
Excellent! A real Wurly 1015.
The most popular vintage juke from right around 1945.

Did your friend do the restore?
If so, he did a nice job on it.
He did the restore. Those of us living in the wilds of Indiana must be self reliant. 😂

May 3, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #150,344 of 153,123
Trying to decide. Hello all, I am looking to upgrade a Bifrost 2. Can anyone recommend a version of Yggdrasil that they upgraded from the 2?

What are the differences between the Analog 1 boards and Analog 2? What about the LIM?

I will be using the Yggy in a nearfield setup with a Rag2 and Kef LS50 Meta with KC Sub.

Thank you for any help for this type of setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back