Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 4, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #150,496 of 152,846
From what I've observed over my long lifetime, when it comes to marriages, upgradeitis is definitely a loser's game.
Exactly. 42 in July.

May 4, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #150,497 of 152,846
Cloudy with rain and T-Storms on the way. Chilling a bit before the wife and I head out to get an early start on Cinco de Mayo.

I love Schiity weekends!

1000005652.jpg
Are you intentionally hiding your socks now?

BTW, is that an acoustic panel you're facing or just art that looks like one?

May 4, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #150,498 of 152,846
Are you intentionally hiding your socks now?

BTW, is that an acoustic panel you're facing or just art that looks like one?
Actually no socks .....:ksc75smile: weather not good, not yet dried.

May 4, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #150,499 of 152,846
Added to my library -- thanks.
One benefit that I realized from going to Roon was that it interfaces with the Sonos soundbars/subs on our TVs. So now it's easy to have music in the house despite not having any 2-chan systems. The SQ is well, you know, but ambient jazz is acceptable for cocktail parties. :)
That's a nice thing about Roon -- it finds devices one wouldn't necessarily think of as musical playback devices. Then the playback software is the same for all of them.

May 4, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #150,500 of 152,846
Why am I not surprised that you are surrounded by, quote, the wildest thing co-eds, unquote. :)

Audiophile and co-eds gone wild seems like a dangerously explosive combination.
Some "audiophiles" would pay them no attention unless they brought along their measurements and proof that they met their ratings.

May 4, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #150,502 of 152,846
re: marriage longevity. This is my wife and my third time around, and we both agree it has lasted longer than any of the others because we started out as friends, not as lust-filled sex crazies.

May 4, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #150,503 of 152,846
May 4, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #150,504 of 152,846
Thanks, my initial research had put that on the list. So it’d be a “streamer” and then a “service” (e.g. Qobux, Roon, etc.)? Anything else?
Lots of great impressions for Eversolo streamers out there. Darko audio has a nice comparison with the Fiio. Good place to dive in. My brother got the entry level unit Eversolo A6, and he is running the digital out to a Weiss 204, through Mastersound tube gear to Verity Audio speakers. Extremely high resolving system. He is very satisfied with the Eversolo as the digital outs bypass the internal dsp and dac. The interface is what is key about the unit, the software app is fantastic in his words. Maybe you have a dealer close by? Other streamers get good feedback, and feature sets vary widely in some cases. I think minimum fuss is worth every penny you put into it, over the long haul. I will be checking his streamer out in detail in July.

I've been streaming Qobuz to my Yggy, either through JRiver (clunky as hell for Qobuz as they don't support the service) or straight off the pc via wasapi. Looking for the final solution just as you are. The higher priced Qobuz tier has nice purchase discounts.

I think Tidal also sounds good, but last I checked a couple years ago it was weighted a bit more to rap and hip hop, where Qobuz had a bit more classical and Jazz. Both have holes in their catalogues, but plenty to enjoy as well. Ymmv.

/Waffle

May 4, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #150,505 of 152,846
Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 1:13 PM Post #150,506 of 152,846
Some "audiophiles" would pay them no attention unless they brought along their measurements and proof that they met their ratings.
And, also, that the measurements were within 0.001% of theoretically perfect. Such may explain their crankiness....

May 4, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #150,508 of 152,846
And, also, that the measurements were within 0.001% of theoretically perfect. Such may explain their crankiness....
Most all people I dealt with concerning cables were happy within a quarter inch.😁 Then there were the Mil Spec bids, those were more precise but generally within 5%.

May 4, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #150,510 of 152,846
Danny Richie loves those instead of banana plugs.
That is nice, my personal favorites are locking banana plugs, Blue Jeans Cable builds with a lot of them and they even sell those individually as I recall. Gold does not tarnish so I tend to use gold plated connectors. I have also used some locking RCA's that work very well. I have run more tests than I like to think about with cables and connectors and on rare occasion I have found people who can hear a difference between pieces of wire, but I have never had that happen with connectors. Just my two cents. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back