Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 3, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #6,467 of 6,473
Good day! found a problem with jotunheim, sounds bad, but it started to sound bad two months ago, I thought maybe it was the headphones or my ears, but one day the sound is good and one day bad. The sound worsened, it became cloudy and without detail, micro and macro detail is not heard, I tried another amplifier and everything is great there and everything is in place, and here is the question, could something have broken in Jotunheim?

Apr 23, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #6,469 of 6,473
I've got a strange situation with Jotunheim R version amp. It's in local audio service for voltage change and power toggle switch change. Now the electricity comes to JotR, but no sound can be heard with Raal Ca-1a's. The audio service guys and I are quite astonished of this. Any ideas of the possible reason for this "no sound" sit. would be most wellcome!

May 24, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #6,473 of 6,473
So I just experienced the infamous "ringing" glitch with my Jot multi-bit / Windows 10. This is the first time I've noticed it having owned the unit since late June 2018. I heard a faint ringing noise in the left channel on some newly purchased hi-res tracks. I initially thought it was the file, but I switched to my speakers running off of my onboard sound card and the ringing was not present. I then went into Sound control panel -> playback tab -> Schiit -> properties -> advanced -> test. The ringing was really obvious on the left / right audio test. Turning the unit off and back on again immediately fixed the issue. The best way I can describe the ringing is that it sounded like a "crystalize" or "sitar" patch on a cheap guitar effects unit. ...kind of like a resonating ring filter or similar.
I also just experienced this ringing phenomenon. Seemed only to happen in high gain using balanced outout for the Hifiman HE6seV2. Went away with turning it off and on again. Has happened twice now.

Does this sort of ringing distortion damage the drivers and/or voicecoil of the headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back