Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #4,006 of 8,735
With the Stock JJ's only, I would have returned Lyr. They're horrible.

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #4,007 of 8,735
Thanks for all replay...will go with GE tubes....this will my biggest audiophile investment so extra cautious

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #4,008 of 8,735
One more suggestion please,

should I wait till Thanks giving for possible discount from Schiit or buy now?

Sep 2, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #4,009 of 8,735
Quote:

Discount on $20 tube? Nah! If I still had any of my tubes,, I would have sent a pair to ya.

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #4,010 of 8,735
Quote:
Quote:

Discount on $20 tube? Nah! If I still had any of my tubes,, I would have sent a pair to ya.

No not on tubes, I do not have amp itself...I need to buy amp to use the tubes, can I expect some thanks giving discount on Lyr amp?

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #4,011 of 8,735
Quote:

No not on tubes, I do not have amp itself...I need to buy amp to use the tubes, can I expect some thanks giving discount on Lyr amp?

That's a good wait, but no, I wouldn't expect any discounts. Schiit already offers 
value, don't'cha be greedy. 
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #4,012 of 8,735
Quote:
That's a good wait, but no, I wouldn't expect any discounts. Schiit already offers 
value, don't'cha be greedy. 
tongue.gif

Yes agree with you, I have read Schiit's are great value for money....time to press the button
Thanks for replay

Sep 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #4,014 of 8,735
Quote:
Musiconmymind I would look at the for sale thread if your looking for a deal on a lyr. Now is the time while folks are jumping on the new amp

X2! Yea, some good deals have passed and more are sure to come.

Sep 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #4,015 of 8,735
Quote:
Quote:
Musiconmymind I would look at the for sale thread if your looking for a deal on a lyr. Now is the time while folks are jumping on the new amp

X2! Yea, some good deals have passed and more are sure to come.

Great...will keep following the sales thread...I can wait for some time...current setup E17->HE-400 is also quite good

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #4,017 of 8,735
Quote:
And my apologies to you,for not putting your name on that list
Because of you,I got my first Lorenz...remember?..think I paid $95.00

So,I tip my hat to you as well.

Hope all is well with you ?
& have a good weekend,

Mike

:) its all good man hahah just because I do not post doesn't mean I haven't been hanging around watching gosh this is my 6th year on this board I cannot believe it time flies :wink:
How am I doing:  Relaxing for a change learning how... that sounds insane doesn't it? I had no idea how until recently.

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #4,018 of 8,735
Quote:
MrScary

Have you tried any ECC189 tubes?  You seem to have tried everything else and I would appreciate your input before I spend mega bucks.

My take on this tube is simple variable Mu, high distortion characteristics, was used as a UHF radio tube just throws so many red flags I would never roll it even if they are dirt cheap...

Sadly at the same time you can once in a purple and pink moon find tubes that are the square peg that should not fit into the round hole and would sound horrible in one amp and great in another so
my final take on it would be welcome to the world of tube rolling. :)   They are cheap whats to loose? looking back a few pages it appears others have tried this tube I see no gleeming reviews anywhere 
or epiphanies write a review on them  and welcome to the tube rolling experience :wink:

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #4,020 of 8,735
Well I've got some hours on my new Gold Lion 6922's.  Not exactly sure how I feel about them.  They definitely have low microphonics which is nice; not hearing any more noise from the nearby circuitry.  They don't seem to have as much "bloom" as the GE's, but are more transparent, have more accurate imaging, and better soundstage.  I also want to say they are more extended in the treble than the GE's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back