Schiit Modi Multibit 2 DAC
Dec 20, 2022 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,646

schneller

1000+ Head-Fier
Now available on Schiit.com.

The successor to Schiit's first, ultra-attainable multibit DAC should drop tomorrow according to @Jason Stoddard (view his post). So why not start a thread to discuss it?

My Schiit List includes: Modi Multibit, Fulla 3, (stacked Schiit: Magni 3/IEMagni, Loki Mini+, Modi 3), Lokius, Bifrost 2/64, and Gungnir A2 Unison.

So why am I tempted by the prospect of the Modi Multibit 2? Am I just addicted to Schiit? Do their products subliminally whisper into my ears, demanding that I "buy more Schiit?" Is it because I want to support products Made in the USA? Is it because my first piece of Schiit, the Modi Multibit, served me so well? Is it because I cannot ignore the bank-for-buck proposition of the MM2? Is it all of the above?

Anyway, I am excited for tomorrow's next chapter of the Schiit Saga. It will take some restraint to prevent the elves at FedEx from putting one of these on their sleigh for me.

Happy schitty multibit holidays to y'all! Prost!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 1,646
I hate to get up early, but if I open my computer tomorrow at 9am PST, will all Modi Multibit 2 stock be gone?

Dec 21, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 1,646
I had the temptation to pick up MM2 but that went away after putting the money for it into my main setup. I was considering it for my office setup to pair with Asgard 3 but the onboard 9028 does the job well enough for me. This would have been my fourth or fifth Schiit DAC in two years. It might be an unpopular opinion but if I'm going through a component that quickly, something isn't right and I should look elsewhere. FWIW I enjoyed the Multibit stuff (Bifrost 2) the best and it lasted the longest at 10 months before I wanted to upgrade again.

I'll bet this is a great pairing with Magni Piety and the Asgard 3. Once it goes live I'll send the product link over to my friend using my old Modi 2 to gauge their reaction. That would be a worthy upgrade imo.

I hate to get up early, but if I open my computer tomorrow at 9am PST, will all Modi Multibit 2 stock be gone?

It was mentioned this would be a limited run for December but how limited...I don't know. I'd guess your chances are pretty good though to get one if you're around at all tomorrow. I haven't seen a paper launch situation here yet, 1000 Pietys had about 12 hours.

Dec 21, 2022 at 12:24 AM Post #4 of 1,646
I had the temptation to pick up MM2 but that went away after putting the money for it into my main setup. I was considering it for my office setup to pair with Asgard 3 but the onboard 9028 does the job well enough for me. This would have been my fourth or fifth Schiit DAC in two years. It might be an unpopular opinion but if I'm going through a component that quickly, something isn't right and I should look elsewhere. FWIW I enjoyed the Multibit stuff (Bifrost 2) the best and it lasted the longest at 10 months before I wanted to upgrade again.

I'll bet this is a great pairing with Magni Piety and the Asgard 3. Once it goes live I'll send the product link over to my friend using my old Modi 2 to gauge their reaction. That would be a worthy upgrade imo.

It was mentioned this would be a limited run for December but how limited...I don't know. I'd guess your chances are pretty good though to get one if you're around at all tomorrow. I haven't seen a paper launch situation here yet, 1000 Pietys had about 12 hours.
12 hours? That's comforting, I thought they are gone in minutes. I know this is a limited run since they accidentally found one last box of chips. Schiit really need to improve their inventory management skills.

Dec 21, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 1,646
I thought it was normal product launch. I have no budget to get it right now and was planning to get it in January for Piety.

Dec 21, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #6 of 1,646
Well its available now and ready to ship in 1-3 days

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 1,646
If you want a MM2 with a natural aluminum cover, this will probably be the only run that will have that finish option.

Once the current version sells out, the next run will most likely be a redesigned version that will use the same chassis design as the Modi+ and will only be available in the black and silver powder-coat finishes.

I don't know if this will happen for sure, but it's an educated guess. :nerd:

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #8 of 1,646
oh wow USB-C, great change amongst the internal ones.

Dec 21, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #9 of 1,646
From the above I’m guessing the modi multibit 2 in silver won’t match the magni+ in silver?

Are these the same chips used in the OG Yggy?

I missed the boat on the Piety, would be great if they could do another limited run.

Dec 21, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #10 of 1,646
Bought the first time available, yeah!

Dec 21, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #12 of 1,646
BTW, I strongly suggest those who bought them, testing for the intermittent garbled sound, the issue they claimed to solve right before the production run.

Dec 21, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #13 of 1,646
From the above I’m guessing the modi multibit 2 in silver won’t match the magni+ in silver?
Correct.

Are these the same chips used in the OG Yggy?
They are from the same family of chips (Analog Devices) that are used in the OG Yggy, but the MM2 uses a single 2-channel 16-bit chip while the OG Yggy uses four 20-bit chips.

I missed the boat on the Piety, would be great if they could do another limited run.
As far as I know, that's not happening.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back