Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
Dec 26, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #1,921 of 2,027
Disregard my post. I was referring to Ragnarok and not MJ3 as it relates to driving Susvara. I'll let owners if both chine in.

That's what I get for skimming. 😒
I knew what you were talking about.

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #1,922 of 2,027
I'm glad you did. 😄

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #1,923 of 2,027
Oh the Ragnarok runs the Susvara like nobody's business. I am just wondering if the Mjolnir 3 is up to the task as well.

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #1,924 of 2,027

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #1,925 of 2,027
Oh the Ragnarok runs the Susvara like nobody's business. I am just wondering if the Mjolnir 3 is up to the task as well.
I believe it surely would.
I'm convinced that the HEKS is so much better of a headphone through the Rag 2. Even better than my GSX MK2. Also, better than the Bliss driving my Susvara.
The Rag 2 has so much control and it is so easy to hear separation of instruments within a soundstage. Not only that, every instrument has oomph and weight and a gutteral drive to it that makes every instrument sound clear and audible.
I'm convinced the extra power and current that that amplifier has contributes to the amazing sound I'm getting.

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #1,926 of 2,027
Are the internal ESS or Multibit DAC cards useful in the Ragnarok2? ASR DAC measurements on other amps like Asgard or Jotunheim were not good. I got a SMSL DAC with AK4499EX, so it should be a lot better than those Schiit DAC cards?

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #1,927 of 2,027
Are the internal ESS or Multibit DAC cards useful in the Ragnarok2? ASR DAC measurements on other amps like Asgard or Jotunheim were not good. I got a SMSL DAC with AK4499EX, so it should be a lot better than those Schiit DAC cards?
ASR is stupid. They even measured an OTL tube amp and went on about how bad the distortion was, missing the point that this distortion is precisely why people use tubes.

Multibit never measures well.

Jan 1, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #1,928 of 2,027
The ESS I haven't heard, didn't like the MB card, it's well down from my ref - the Gumby A1, but its no match for any of the stand alone Schiit MB DAC's. I wouldn't get it with any card - get separates - less complex, less to go wrong, and DAC's are still maturing whereas amps are not changing much anymore - so upgrading is easier as well, or if one fails - you have one function to replace, not two.

Jan 1, 2024 at 8:34 PM Post #1,929 of 2,027
Yeah, Rag 2 is fantastic with separation of vocals and instruments... the ZMFs sound great with Ragnarok, just MJ3 and the Auteurs seems to be a special pairing.

The MJ3/ZMF combo seems to have a tiny bit less bass control then Rag2/ZMF, but no complaints.

Rag 2 really is great, and if I could only own one amp, MJ3 or Rag 2 it would be Rag 2 because the SQ is very high, and its more versatile..

Glad I dont have to choose and can enjoy both.

My room isnt setup great for speakers, and isnt treated, so HPs sound better for clinical listening... but when I have the time to enjoy speakers its still preferred.... Just because of the Ambience, wall of sound, and you can feel the big sound of speakers better then the small sound of headphones.

I have the super low efficiency HE6SEs (Non V2) like 80db a watt.... they are about the same efficiency as my Magnepan LRSs

I have had Rag in high gain cranked pretty damn high a few times..... with the HE6..... which is pretty awesome in small doses...
Agree on all, but gain 3 turned up on the HE-6 SE (I have one)! Wow, gain 2 3:15 is about as high as I ever get, but I do listen at low levels.

Jan 2, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #1,930 of 2,027
Agree on all, but gain 3 turned up on the HE-6 SE (I have one)! Wow, gain 2 3:15 is about as high as I ever get, but I do listen at low levels.

Yeah, gain 2 is my standard gain selection, and its been a long while since I really pushed the HE6SE(and my ears), but they sure can take alot of juice and still sound sublime...

My usual MJ3 pot position is like 10:30 or so.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 8:13 AM Post #1,931 of 2,027
Had anyone tried the Mjolnir 3 vs the Rag 2? I have an MJ3 shipping soon it's got some big shoes to fill if it's going to dethrone the Rag 2.
But I think it will.

Feb 9, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #1,933 of 2,027
Had anyone tried the Mjolnir 3 vs the Rag 2? I have an MJ3 shipping soon it's got some big shoes to fill if it's going to dethrone the Rag 2.
But I think it will.
Comments?

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #1,934 of 2,027
Mar 5, 2024 at 1:32 AM Post #1,935 of 2,027
The Rag 2 is sounding so nice, I can't help but wonder how the Mjolnir 3 is...
If anyone has any experience with the Mjolnir 3 vs the Rag, please give us your thoughts.
Merry Christmas.IMG_20231225_075057875_HDR.jpg
Digging that shelf unit you have, any chance you have a link?

I have a nice small side table set up but am thinking of something like this for when I move and have more space. Leaning towards Ragnarok and Yggdrassil at this point though I do like tube amp hybrids like the Lyr+ I own

Users who are viewing this thread

Back