Sennheiser HD 300 Pro Review and Impressions Thread (HD 250 Linear Revival )
Dec 8, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #152 of 167
Have you heard what the Sennheiser HD 300 Pro sounds like?
Yes - I thought the low end was poorly done especially with their false claims that they had matched the sound signature of the legendary HD 250 - which they have now removed from all advertising !!
Do your own due diligance in terms of reading reviews of the Focal but for me, for closed back back as well drums sound good, REALLY good

Dec 8, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #153 of 167
Yes - I thought the low end was poorly done especially with their false claims that they had matched the sound signature of the legendary HD 250 - which they have now removed from all advertising !!
Do your own due diligance in terms of reading reviews of the Focal but for me, for closed back back as well drums sound good, REALLY good
I heard that the old versions were too bassy and the bass was booming, the new versions have even less bass than the HD 280 Pro. Which version did you listen to?

Dec 8, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #154 of 167
I heard that the old versions were too bassy and the bass was booming, the new versions have even less bass than the HD 280 Pro. Which version did you listen to?
HD 300 'pro' Speaking as an actual 'pro' neither are anything special to put it mildly. Would not and could not realistically use them in a professional sense - maybe ok for content providers?

Dec 9, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #155 of 167

Its very important to know that restoring a hd250 Linear I/II is not an easy path. It's a very unique headphone. Also, being so old and made in the late 80s/early 90s? ... the manufacturing process did not result in such tight tolerances like today with their new modern manufacturing procedures.

What is weird about them, is that they sound so much better than you would think by looking at them, and was worth the time and headache to deal with tinkering with it.

And they were once like 50 bones. So you could easily budget some for new pads and foam discs and play with it.

Now, they command a pretty penny, and the risks much higher.

Fantastic headphone the hd250, but you will need to pay in blood, sweat, and tears to get it to it's glory.

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:38 AM Post #156 of 167
HD 300 'pro' Speaking as an actual 'pro' neither are anything special to put it mildly. Would not and could not realistically use them in a professional sense - maybe ok for content providers?
No, not for professional use, but I've tried a number of closed-backs and none came close to the perfect balance of entertaining sound these have. And unless you're a technician, it should all be about entertainment.

Feb 21, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #160 of 167
Great review it isn't, sorry. With all due respect, there's something wrong with the ears of this dude, LOL. He's got them all wrong.
Did you even heard the headphone? If you heard the old version, it's probably bass heavy one. Mine is new one which is the opposite of the old one. I am a music producer with great hearing checked last year, maybe you should get yours checked too. I even attached the frequency curve that you can read yourself if you're smart enough which pretty much backs my review.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #161 of 167
Did you even heard the headphone? If you heard the old version, it's probably bass heavy one. Mine is new one which is the opposite of the old one. I am a music producer with great hearing checked last year, maybe you should get yours checked too. I even attached the frequency curve that you can read yourself if you're smart enough which pretty much backs my review.
I own the headphone. The 300 pro have nothing wrong if you like a V shaped sound (which even newbiews know they have). In fact, they have the most excellent V shaped sound I've heard, and I've tried many hps.
If you don't like a V shaped sound, fine: you should have stayed away from them; but to slam them as you did only proves you didn't get something right along the evaluation process or before you began it, sorry.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #162 of 167
I own the headphone. The 300 pro have nothing wrong if you like a V shaped sound (which even newbiews know they have). In fact, they have the most excellent V shaped sound I've heard, and I've tried many hps.
If you don't like a V shaped sound, fine: you should have stayed away from them; but to slam them as you did only proves you didn't get something right along the evaluation process or before you began it, sorry.
I slammed them because Sennheiser promised it to be something (HD 250), I bought it expecting that and it's nothing like it and I'm completely RIGHT by that perspective. Even Sennheiser removed that advertisement. That's how wrong and misleading they are. You like it, good for you, that's your OPINION which is very subjective. Some people say Beats by Dre sounds the best but they aren't. I get it you have one of those earlier ones and you probably never heard any better headphones before, newer ones are even weirder with less bass and more treble. You should probably try DT1990 Pro at some point if you're into V-shaped sound, that's how an excellent V-shaped implementation sounds like.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #163 of 167
I came here just to comment that these headphones sound kinda horrible. The mic is really nice, but the sound is super super flat, no bass, no EQ to make them better.
I have them plugged into a Steinberg UR12.

If anyone has any advice for me I'd appreciate it, otherwise I spent lots of money for nothing :frowning2:

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #164 of 167
I came here just to comment that these headphones sound kinda horrible. The mic is really nice, but the sound is super super flat, no bass, no EQ to make them better.
I have them plugged into a Steinberg UR12.

If anyone has any advice for me I'd appreciate it, otherwise I spent lots of money for nothing :frowning2:

The Steinberg UR12 is quite OK as an audio interface but the headphone out is very weak and is best used with easy to drive headphones, in which case it may sound good enough for most people. I haven't heard the HD300 Pro, just saying your headphone out is a potential bottleneck.

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #165 of 167
Thank you so much!

I found it weird that my Pioneer HDJX7 sound way better than this headphones.
Maybe it's a personal taste, I just wonder who was the end user of this HMD 300 PRO.
I guess not normal users like me who just wanted to plug them into a PC.

BTW, There is not much info about this headphones in the internet, I had to login into this forum to get more information and comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back