Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread
May 3, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #9,301 of 9,326
Love my pair. I also jealous of your Hugo 2 :p
HUGO 2 is a nice all rounder. But, HUGO 1 had better synergy with HD700 and is a terrific value in the used market.

May 3, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #9,302 of 9,326
HUGO 2 is a nice all rounder. But, HUGO 1 had better synergy with HD700 and is a terrific value in the used market.
I'm having an internal conflict of whether to get the OG Hugo or the mojo 2.

May 3, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #9,303 of 9,326
While I can't speak from experience directly, and from all that I have read, the Bottlehead Crack STILL has some of the best synergy for Sennys (especially the HD700 and OG HD800). Just something to think about... there is a reason that this lil' fella has been out since 2010. :)

But, I get your conflict... :)

May 3, 2024 at 5:40 PM Post #9,304 of 9,326
I'm having the same conflict between the qutest or the dave. Guess its just a question of how long it will take

May 3, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #9,305 of 9,326
While I can't speak from experience directly, and from all that I have read, the Bottlehead Crack STILL has some of the best synergy for Sennys (especially the HD700 and OG HD800). Just something to think about... there is a reason that this lil' fella has been out since 2010. :)

But, I get your conflict... :)
I'm looking for something to put in my pocket when I leave the office :p

May 3, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #9,308 of 9,326
OT...

OMG! You are REALLY into Sennys... haha
But what is the HD700 Maestro in your headphones list???
Heh, yeah I uhm... sort of haven't tried any other brands... yet. But yeah, thought I'd include the full names of all the headphones I own, but I rarely see people calling them the Maestro

May 3, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #9,309 of 9,326
Heh, yeah I uhm... sort of haven't tried any other brands... yet. But yeah, thought I'd include the full names of all the headphones I own, but I rarely see people calling them the Maestro
If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear that name for them? I have had mine since 2012, and even on the official site (and anywhere in this thread), I have never seen them called that. Is that some sort of "pre-release code name" or something?

May 3, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #9,310 of 9,326
If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear that name for them? I have had mine since 2012, and even on the official site (and anywhere in this thread), I have never seen them called that. Is that some sort of "pre-release code name" or something?
There was one of those short product videos that sennheiser released on their youtube channel, showed you a brief overview of the 700, with a quick look at the internals, and at the top of the screen when the HD700 came up it said "The Maestro". Now you've got me second guessing, and I'm wondering if I need to edit my thing to call the 800's "reference"

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #9,311 of 9,326
There was one of those short product videos that sennheiser released on their youtube channel, showed you a brief overview of the 800 and 700, with a quick look at the internals, and at the top of the screen when the HD700 came up it said "The Maestro". Now you've got me second guessing, and I'm wondering if I need to edit my thing to call the 800's "reference"
Sorry about that... :wink:

That said, and even now doing a search for the term "Sennheiser HD700 Maestro" does not yield any results; except just HD700. Also doing a search for "Sennheiser the Maestro" doesn't yield any results.... However, doing a search for just "Sennheiser Maestro" DOES indeed yield some results, but sadly all for the MK4 microphone by Sennheiser. :frowning2: Bummer, I was kind of excited to think that they ACTUALLY had names rather than just a "designation"; something I have never been fond of for the Sennheiser products. Except, that they DID have names for some, like the Momentum line, etc...

May 3, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #9,312 of 9,326
Sorry about that... :wink:

That said, and even now doing a search for the term "Sennheiser HD700 Maestro" does not yield any results; except just HD700. Also doing a search for "Sennheiser the Maestro" doesn't yield any results.... However, doing a search for just "Sennheiser Maestro" DOES indeed yield some results, but sadly all for the MK4 microphone by Sennheiser. :frowning2: Bummer, I was kind of excited to think that they ACTUALLY had names rather than just a "designation"; something I have never been fond of for the Sennheiser products. Except, that they DID have names for some, like the Momentum line, etc...
Well a lot of these names are quietly given to these things, but also doesn't appear as part of the ongoing marketing. When I searched for the name of the 600's, I only ever found them called "avantgarde" in old magazine articles from when they were initially released, but never saw that moniker used thereafter. They might even be names that were included in the product manuals, but then taken out after the initial manufacturing run.

Here's the video for you

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #9,313 of 9,326
Mojo 2 if you want to use with multi-BA iems. Hugo does not have finer volume controls like Mojo/2, also there's a bit of hiss with sensitive iems.
If it's just DD headphones and IEMs , get a nice copy of HUGO 1.

May 3, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #9,314 of 9,326
Well a lot of these names are quietly given to these things, but also doesn't appear as part of the ongoing marketing. When I searched for the name of the 600's, I only ever found them called "avantgarde" in old magazine articles from when they were initially released, but never saw that moniker used thereafter. They might even be names that were included in the product manuals, but then taken out after the initial manufacturing run.

Here's the video for you

Very interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing the vid.

May 3, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #9,315 of 9,326
Having recently sold the OG Hugo to buy a used Mojo 2 I'd definitely recommend it over the Hugo. Even if it were only a DAC it would be shockingly good for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back