Sennheiser HD800 Updates!!!
Jan 28, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #32 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So Tyll..... is my order in the first shipment?

wait, you are saying '60' is pure speculation....

Hmmm. let me see ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll
so I'm guessing (hoping) that we'll get about 60. Pure speculation.

Yup, that's what I'm saying.

Here's more pure speculation: my (speculative) guess is that those who ordered on or before the 13th of Jan are likely to be in the first shipment.

Here's something that's not speculation: we're not going to have ANY idea who is and is not going to get their cans for sure and when. Please do not bury us questions about when you'll get your cans, we simply do not know. I hate to be a jerk about it, but this is a product introduction and things very often are a bit spotty no matter who the manufacturer is.

The only thing I can say for sure is when the show up at your door, you'll have them. All of us can't wait ... but we're going to have to.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #33 of 554
Confirmed on January 9th.

Yeah ba-by! Of course this is all based upon speculation
biggrin.gif

If I'm not in the first shipment, I guess I have the option of buying back my first born, although I'm sure that they will be good, loving parents also.

Jan 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #34 of 554
Well then. I guess I will barely get the first shipment or will get mine relatively soon after major shipment.

I ordered mine in 16th...

Jan 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #38 of 554
Thanks for the updates Tyll. Waiting is always the hard part for a new toy, but I'm sure we've all been there before. Let us know if you hear anything else.

Jan 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #39 of 554
Maybe we need a thread for date and time... also 1/9, 12:21pm.

Jan 28, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #40 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To clarify, the word I got was the first shipment to Senn USA will be about 100 units.

I was told that small pie will be split up by how many units the dealers have on order.

My guess is that at 150, HeadRoom likely has the largest currently standing order at Senn USA by a fairly wide margin, so I'm guessing (hoping) that we'll get about 60. Pure speculation.

I really do think the response has taken Sennheiser by surprise and the comment that the current orders in hand that Sennheiser has is equal to their first year's forecast is not surprising.

I would guess that we'll sell our first order of 150 HD800s by the end of Feb, and I would guess that it will take the rest of the year to sell the next 150.

I would guess that 70% of the "hobbyists" that will buy the 800 this year has them on order already. But as enthusiast sales peter out over the course of the year, sales to the wider Audiophile audience will start kicking in. I expect the audiophile sales really won't begin to kick in for at least a year as they will start buying as the 800 gets reviews in Stereophile and The Absolute Sound magazine.

I also predict the 800 will make "Product of the Year" in at least on major journal.

Wow, so you think you may have pre-sold 60 by the 13th of Jan, in just 5 days!

I figure I'm safe being in the first 2.5 hours or so...

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #42 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by pabbi1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe we need a thread for date and time... also 1/9, 12:21pm.

Mine says: January 9, 2009 5:24 AM and that's in the Montana, US Mountain Time Zone, which must have been when it was inputted or generated by Headroom's ordering process, because there's no way that I was online and ordering a pair of headphones at 7:24 AM EST Friday morning on a work day.

Jan 29, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #43 of 554
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine says: January 9, 2009 5:24 AM and that's in the Montana, US Mountain Time Zone, which must have been when it was inputted or generated by Headroom's ordering process, because there's no way that I was online and ordering a pair of headphones at 7:24 AM EST Friday morning on a work day.

Got ya. .
bigsmile_face.gif
Mine were ordered on :.......January 9, 2009 4:57 AM

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #45 of 554
One more thing on my to-buy list. As the economy is so bad these months, I am little bit hesitated to jump in now to buy such expensive headphone. Give it one year, maybe the street price will go down to $1000....
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back