Shanling M30 - Concept announcement
Dec 10, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #136 of 386
We have no plans to be adding up more SD card slots. Especially when you can simply put SD card into card reader and put it into USB port.

Sorry to insist, but an external card reader is just an additional box, with additional messy cables... things we try to avoid. 2 internal cards slots will be much more elegant !

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #138 of 386
SD Card readers these days is pretty small yknow? I know more than a couple smaller than than the size of a coin. on usb 3 too.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #139 of 386
Being a Roon end-point would be the icing on the cake? A&K promised it a year ago, but still no news.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #140 of 386
I misunderstood this thread. I thought it was for Shanling to consider ideas, but it sounds like everything has already been decided except for future modules. I’m still confused as to how transportable this device really is. Sounds more like a desktop that only uses battery for clean power, but not any usable battery life.

Dec 10, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #141 of 386
I misunderstood this thread. I thought it was for Shanling to consider ideas, but it sounds like everything has already been decided except for future modules. I’m still confused as to how transportable this device really is. Sounds more like a desktop that only uses battery for clean power, but not any usable battery life.

for it to be modular like this battery, you can always make a battery pack with days of running on it. How do u like a car Battery ? All you need is just the correct connectors and the Pins arrangement.

ofcourse if you want to carry it around still, u gotta play by the book

Dec 10, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #142 of 386
Any forecasted availability date ? Weeks ? months ? years ?

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #143 of 386

We are open to different ideas, but it's easier to use ideas for possible modules, than about the core of the unit, which is more set.

Is it transportable? Definitely, at least in theory. You can tak it anywhere (just needs some decent backpak for it), it can run on batteries, working with its own player.
Do we expect people will be using it as their daily player on the go? I bet somebody like that will show up, probably in japan.
Is it more meant as all-in-one desktop unit with cleanest power? Yes.

Battery life is unknown for now, since it will depend a lot on the other modules connected.

Any forecasted availability date ? Weeks ? months ? years ?

Months.

Last edited:
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 11, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #147 of 386
No more than $5k
Exactly! The DMP-Z1 is a straight example but just with more options - as always expected from Chinese designers :)

I want a mini DMP-Z1pro
DMP-Z1 is bigger because sony added extra space.

We are open to different ideas, but it's easier to use ideas for possible modules, than about the core of the unit, which is more set.
Is it transportable? Definitely, at least in theory. You can tak it anywhere (just needs some decent backpak for it), it can run on batteries, working with its own player.
Do we expect people will be using it as their daily player on the go? I bet somebody like that will show up, probably in japan.
Is it more meant as all-in-one desktop unit with cleanest power? Yes.
Battery life is unknown for now, since it will depend a lot on the other modules connected.
expecting to drive nicely the Stax SR series headphones too...

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #148 of 386
We have no plans to be adding up more SD card slots. Especially when you can simply put SD card into card reader and put it into USB port.

Really ? At least 1 micro sd card would be a bare minimum in my opinion....

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #149 of 386
Really ? At least 1 micro sd card would be a bare minimum in my opinion....

The spec already include one full size sd slit but they don’t want to add a second sd slot or a ssd slot

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #150 of 386

Users who are viewing this thread

Back