Shanling M8 Android Portable player
Mar 11, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #5,807 of 5,817
Not sure what a full battery cycle is. Can you give a full run-down procedure? :wink:
Hi,

I assume he means : load fully and then let it shut down because of lack of juice.
Do it several times.

I am not sure it will help. The M8 is Android 7.1 powered. And I think that Android really had a power management that was sensitive to "calibration" starting with Android 9 or 10. Not sure at all about that...

But it may help indeed... Just try it. Does not cost anything :wink:

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #5,808 of 5,817
@Shanling could you connect with support@extreamsd.com to help provide support of Native DSD mode in UAPP ? I will be happy and grateful if there is support of Native DSD without forced background PCM convertion. (S-g Point: Every fully suppored player app from top of the list will increase the level of interest of potential users in the product.)

May 23, 2024 at 5:35 AM Post #5,809 of 5,817
Please what exact issue are you facing? We are aware of issue with MQA playback from Tidal, but it should otherwise work fine.

Please which firmware and app version are you running? Will check on it.

Combination of old battery and not exactly accurate battery indicator most likely.
@Shanling the mqa is not working. Tidal app. Please fix this as it's putting the m8 and shanling to a bad support organization.

May 23, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #5,810 of 5,817
@Shanling the mqa is not working. Tidal app. Please fix this as it's putting the m8 and shanling to a bad support organization.
Been that way for a very long time. This is the reason I switched to Apple music for hi-res FLAC about a year and a half ago.

May 23, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #5,811 of 5,817
Hi,

Read the other threads about Shanling.
Shanling IS a bad support organization.
This is now a fact...

When was the last significant update to their formerly flasgship device the M8 (that I own but will probably sell soon) ?
Probably months ago AND with only font colour fixes as an update.

The M8 is a fantastic device.
But as usual, totally let down by it's manufacturer (how will probably come in here just to claim they're supporting the device and provide a link to the last update).

Anyways, I think there are one or two apps like UAPP/mConnect/BubbleUPnP that support Tidal.
Have you given those a try to see if going through thopse you have better support for Tidal ?

It's worth trying I think.
I would do it but I do not have any Tidal account...

Regards.

May 23, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #5,812 of 5,817
Hi,

Read the other threads about Shanling.
Shanling IS a bad support organization.
This is now a fact...

When was the last significant update to their formerly flasgship device the M8 (that I own but will probably sell soon) ?
Probably months ago AND with only font colour fixes as an update.

The M8 is a fantastic device.
But as usual, totally let down by it's manufacturer (how will probably come in here just to claim they're supporting the device and provide a link to the last update).

Anyways, I think there are one or two apps like UAPP/mConnect/BubbleUPnP that support Tidal.
Have you given those a try to see if going through thopse you have better support for Tidal ?

It's worth trying I think.
I would do it but I do not have any Tidal account...

Regards.
I can tell you that my Shanling M6 Pro 21 with Android 7.1.1 Tidal Android app (any version beyond 2.86) still does the artifact-noise thing while playing MQA tracks but Tidal in UAPP is fine, no glitches as far as my experience.

Somehow UAPP's developer got around what ever glitches that plague anyone running a less-than-Android 10 device have when using Tidal MQA. As time goes on I'm not sure Shanling's team will ever fix it but one never knows. With my M6 Pro 21 I keep the older 2.86 version of the Tidal Android app (still working so far) and a constantly updated version of UAPP. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 3:53 PM Post #5,813 of 5,817
I can tell you that my Shanling M6 Pro 21 with Android 7.1.1 Tidal Android app (any version beyond 2.86) still does the artifact-noise thing while playing MQA tracks but Tidal in UAPP is fine, no glitches as far as my experience.

Somehow UAPP's developer got around what ever glitches that plague anyone running a less-than-Android 10 device have when using Tidal MQA. As time goes on I'm not sure Shanling's team will ever fix it but one never knows. With my M6 Pro 21 I keep the older 2.86 version of the Tidal Android app (still working so far) and a constantly updated version of UAPP. Best of both worlds.
I have been noticing the Tidal MQA files are in fact disappearing on their service showing still in my playlists, though the link is gone, have to go to the search find the album or track again and add the FLAC (usually) to my playlist, this as Tidal works MQA out of its library.
Is anyone else noticing that.

May 23, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #5,814 of 5,817
This has been ongoing issue since August last year, it's due to changes on Tidal side. Our software team so far wasn't able to adjust our Android 7 system for this.

As mentioned by other users, running Tidal through UAPP and its audio processing works fine for MQA playback.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 24, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #5,815 of 5,817
This has been ongoing issue since August last year, it's due to changes on Tidal side. Our software team so far wasn't able to adjust our Android 7 system for this.

As mentioned by other users, running Tidal through UAPP and its audio processing works fine for MQA playback.
Thanks for your honest reply.

Which reads : "our software team (so we suppose they're a real team of several people) is not able to solve a problem a guy who develops his app as an amateur in his spare time could do".

Maybe you should ask the guy developing uapp if he can help you sorting things ? And give him credit for that if he can solve it for you...

May 24, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #5,816 of 5,817
Thanks for your honest reply.

Which reads : "our software team (so we suppose they're a real team of several people) is not able to solve a problem a guy who develops his app as an amateur in his spare time could do".

Maybe you should ask the guy developing uapp if he can help you sorting things ? And give him credit for that if he can solve it for you...
Pls do fix tidal as it's now broken for.people who.just use the tidal app only were are customers

May 25, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #5,817 of 5,817
I have been noticing the Tidal MQA files are in fact disappearing on their service showing still in my playlists, though the link is gone, have to go to the search find the album or track again and add the FLAC (usually) to my playlist, this as Tidal works MQA out of its library.
Is anyone else noticing that.
I have noticed this as well, sometimes is replaced by a hi-rez file, but usually, it is Redbook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back