Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Mar 13, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #25,006 of 41,354
Mar 13, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #25,009 of 41,354
Mar 14, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #25,010 of 41,354
the Swamp .. cropped..
11AE375A-2A3C-45E1-8BD5-40EC61B339AD.jpeg

Mar 15, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #25,012 of 41,354
20200315_212456.jpg

My end game headphone setup for a long time I hope. It has been quite a journey this past year. Abyss and formula s with the Bartok are incredible. I got the formula sorted out with the Bartok the xlr inputs on the formula s are wired in a way that there was some hiss with the floating balanced stage of the Bartok. A pair of adapters for xlr to rca fixed everything. Thials amp is great and the powerman makes it even better.

Now I need to figure out how to push magico S1MKII to the same level. An amp upgrade and subs should do the trick. They will need to wait though.

Mar 15, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #25,013 of 41,354

My end game headphone setup for a long time I hope. It has been quite a journey this past year. Abyss and formula s with the Bartok are incredible. I got the formula sorted out with the Bartok the xlr inputs on the formula s are wired in a way that there was some hiss with the floating balanced stage of the Bartok. A pair of adapters for xlr to rca fixed everything. Thials amp is great and the powerman makes it even better.

Now I need to figure out how to push magico S1MKII to the same level. An amp upgrade and subs should do the trick. They will need to wait though.

Amazing setup man. Could u share what interconnects you're using?

Mar 15, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #25,015 of 41,354
These 2 have been my go to's lately. AKG K371 and Lypertek Tevi. Both get used with a OnePlus 7T.
IMG_20200315_231007-01.jpeg

Mar 15, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #25,016 of 41,354
Amazing setup man. Could u share what interconnects you're using?

I am using cardas golden reference xlr with my Bartok into my hegel for the speakers. For the Bartok to the formula s I am currently using a pair of High Fidelity Reveal RCA.

I am still searching and trying different interconnects. The cardas is really good I liked it with the formula. The wiring in the formula xlr connections didn't play well it created hiss at high volume settings something to do with grounding I believe. The cardas is really detailed but still smooth. There is no harshness to the sound. I also provided great imaging and sound stage depth.

My friend let me borrow the high fidelity cable. I am still trying to get a grasp on it. I want to upgrade to Transparent Ultra interconnects as the rest of my system is transparent cabling. That will need to wait need to save some money after this past year of hifi spending.

Mar 15, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #25,017 of 41,354
I am using cardas golden reference xlr with my Bartok into my hegel for the speakers. For the Bartok to the formula s I am currently using a pair of High Fidelity Reveal RCA.

I am still searching and trying different interconnects. The cardas is really good I liked it with the formula. The wiring in the formula xlr connections didn't play well it created hiss at high volume settings something to do with grounding I believe. The cardas is really detailed but still smooth. There is no harshness to the sound. I also provided great imaging and sound stage depth.

My friend let me borrow the high fidelity cable. I am still trying to get a grasp on it. I want to upgrade to Transparent Ultra interconnects as the rest of my system is transparent cabling. That will need to wait need to save some money after this past year of hifi spending.

Im using the cardas golden presence and I like it a lot. Very nice build and feel too. I recently received a set of Triode Wire Labs Spirit II XLR cables and am running them in, but so far I like what I'm hearing.

The Transparent Ultra balanced XLRs must be a serious step up! I just went to have a look and the price made my heart skip a beat ha ha ha

Mar 16, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #25,018 of 41,354
20200315_212456.jpg

Looks great, I hope your neighbors like what you like when the magicos get all you have in store for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back