Shozy Alien+
Aug 24, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #406 of 539
I'm tempted, but I should probably wait until I have a worthy iem lol. There's always something to complain about..

"When the DAP is ready, the IEM will come.." :D

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #408 of 539
Haha that's what I was thinking, but if it pairs fine with the OG Alien I'll settle.

For what it's worth, he's throwing in a free pair of Shozy Zero IEM's.
Whilst more in the budget price range, they've been lauded generally for sounding exceptionally good and like something much more expensive.
And on top of that, I recall someone (or more than one person) saying they had a special synergy with the Alien+ too, which is not surprising, given that they are both made by Shozy.

Two birds, one stone and all that.
And the money you save on the deal with this big discount (not to mention the free IEM's)*, you could put towards a fund saving up for some mid-tier or TOTL IEM's :)

Damn, I should be in sales :D

*which I just mentioned

Aug 25, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #410 of 539
I've owned the Zero, it's good but not great. I'm still on the fence, but I admire your sales pitch :wink:

I guess it's that thing where we want others to splash out on stuff so we don't feel so bad about doing it ourselves, hahaha :D

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #411 of 539
Out of the three, I've owned the Calyx M. It's tone is truly excellent per the reviews, but the response is not linear. Bass is boosted in the mid bass and even further in the upper bass region resulting in a sluggish sound signature compared to other high end DAPs. The Alien+ will be faster and punchier, with much better defined bass.

Yeah....no

The words used to describe Digital to Analogue converters is getting pretty crazy.

I would never ever ever take the Shozy + over the Calyx-M. I like the Alien + a lot but when I read that kind of compare of 2 items I have together and it seems so off it gets replied to. Your opinion and now my opinion.

I'm still waiting on a box to go with my Alien + Only DAP ever owned new, used, discounted or free that didn't have a box. It's almost September.

Sep 6, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #415 of 539
Tell me guys, is it normal that my alien+ eats all the battery power in less than freakin 4 hours? Seriously What... I'm using 32 ohm Audeo iems and high gain... is it normal or should I return it back to seller?

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #416 of 539
Tell me guys, is it normal that my alien+ eats all the battery power in less than freakin 4 hours? Seriously What... I'm using 32 ohm Audeo iems and high gain... is it normal or should I return it back to seller?

Yes depending on how you charged it and how much the screen is on and if you have high gain on and what file type. Remeber it is a desktop dac in a dap at 24v.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #417 of 539
High Gain on one armature Audeo this is crazy, because for me only low gain on this IEM.

Batter life 4-6 hours is normal.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #418 of 539

Audeos are kinda deceiving as they require more volume than similar iems because use of accoustic dampers, without them they they are a lot louder.

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #419 of 539
Audeos are kinda deceiving as they require more volume than similar iems because use of accoustic dampers, without them they they are a lot louder.

Audeo Phonak PFE 122 were my first real quality IEM's; will always have a place in my heart :)
R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back