Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Oct 10, 2023 at 12:48 AM Post #33 of 380
TBH, the only upgrades Vortex needs are a bit more space between the notes, and a bit more stage height. And BAM! One of the Best DD IEMs ever!

The last thing you expect to find inside an IEM packaging: Fermat's Last Theorem. Simgot does exactly that with the EA1000's packaging and overall theme.

2X2A2919.jpg

Simgot's marketing ploy is only for the scientifically inclined, but it's such a breath of fresh air and a welcome departure from the stale waifu arts.

2X2A2925.jpg

The shell design is a mixture of the EN1000 faceplate style and the EA500 housing design. However, there is also the passive radiator that is placed underneath the channel marking.

2X2A2926.jpg

I've listened to them for about 30 minutes, but I am fairly positive that the EA1000 is the best IEM Simgot has released so far. Not sure what the final pricing will be but if priced under USD$200, these will be a very good option in that range.

Also, that stock cable looks dope.

2X2A2912.jpg
Cross-post... (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17769057)

Oct 10, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #34 of 380
Oct 10, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #35 of 380
https://www.taobao.com/list/item/740059974165.htm
https://weibo.com/simgot?refer_flag=1005055013_
I have .........graphs?:ksc75smile:
0068IuXdgy1hi385gt2y6j30u02gnauq.jpg0068IuXdgy1hi385spil5j30ku0u7teg.jpg0068IuXdgy1hi385sqvxvj30ku1a0dm7.jpg0068IuXdgy1hi385svg3mj30ku153n3c.jpg0068IuXdgy1hi385svi67j30ku14un57.jpg0068IuXdgy1hi385syibuj30ku1lfdqw.jpg
Information (I got) directly from SIMGOT.

"
The EA1000 continues the 1DD+1PR acoustic structure of the EA2000 with optimized dual-magnetic-circuit dual-cavity technology, which is a brand new 2nd generation of DMDC™. It gives the EA1000 a high-frequency quality that is rich in splendor, smoothness and extensibility.

The SDPGD™ (Sputtering Deposition Purple Gold Diaphragm with multi-layer base film) used in EA1000 is a diaphragm technology reserved by SIMGOT for other flagship dynamic products and with 3-years long research. It has the characteristics of high rigidity, high hardness, light weight, and elasticity required for low frequencies.

We also offer 3 types of tunings for the EA1000 and its target curves allow the EA1000 to cover "Pop", "Classical", "Instrumental", etc."
Cross-post... (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17769087)

Oct 10, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #36 of 380
What is a passive radiator?
The Passive Radiator (PR) driver (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passive_radiator_(speaker)) is a unique transducer type, where it is placed in the same acoustic chamber as another "working" driver. The PR has has no voice coil or magnet, and isn't hooked up to an electrical circuit or other amplifier.

So when the other "working" driver vibrates and generates sound waves, the PR also catches these waves and vibrates at its own resonance (usually at the bass frequencies). In a way, it reduces the effort of the "working" driver, as the PR is utilizing unused byproduct sound waves to move.

Passive_radiator_enclosure.svg.png

This technology is used in speakers, where it is useful in smaller acoustic chambers where there is insufficient space for venting. In CHIFI IEMs, the recent Shuoer DZ4 and Simgot EA2000 purportedly utilizes this tech, but for it to work, the enclosure should be sealed together with the other driver, which apparently wasn't the case with the DZ4 (so that IEM was perhaps a bit gimmicky).
Cross-post... (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17769115)

Oct 10, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #37 of 380
Oct 10, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #38 of 380
Theoretically, the benefit is that the PR is an added driver that doesn't draw power, by utilizing unused sound waves.

Additionally, in some smaller acoustic chambers where there is insufficient space for venting, the PR (if implemented well) can give additional bass excursion without the need for vents or extra wires/voice coils.

At the end of the day, audiophiles are like magpies drawn to shiny things. A new exotic driver or exotic diaphragm material hits our shores, and the audiophiles will flock to it for their 15 minutes of fame. Until the next hyped tech comes out.

82212w.jpg
Cross-post... (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17769361)

Oct 10, 2023 at 8:11 PM Post #40 of 380
They behave similar to ported speakers. In a ported system the bass is emitted in part out of the port on the back. These waves come from the back of the speaker cone so they’re out of phase with the rest of the bass.

Same with a passive radiator except that it’s more controlled and produces more focused waves. As you point out, it’s basically reclaiming those waveforms that are thrown off the back of the powered speaker and emits them via a passive cone.
Cross-post... (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17770035)

Oct 12, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #41 of 380
My review of the Simgot EM6L or Phoenix.

It does not seem like it was all that long ago that Aful, a relatively unknown company outside China, more or less broke the iem market by introducing the Performer 5 to the world, a $219, advanced technology, iem with the performance of iems costing up to twice that. Many iem aficionados were shocked. A few were delighted. Maybe more than a few.

And here we are just months later, and Simgot, another company that before this year was pretty much unknown in the west, has introduced a series of market defying…or market defining…or maybe market redefining iems…one after another, starting with the $80 EA500 single dynamic driver, then a couple of even less expensive single dynamics along the same lines…and now, with the Phoenix (or the EM6L, whatever that stands for) they have completely blown apart the under $200 hybrid iem market. To put it simply, the Simgot Phoenix is every bit as good, every bit as satisfying sonically as, and even maybe a bit better than, the Aful Performer 5, at almost exactly half the price. It even shares the same basic design…one dynamic driver and 4 BAs…but the drivers are of such quality, and the implementation so flawless, that, despite not being as physically attractive or distinctive as the Aful Performer 5, the Phoenixs steal the show. Who can ignore their sound? Who would not be delighted to pay $200 for these wonderfully clear, rich, and detailed iems, let alone $109.

True they are bit understated. They have a semi-transparent resin body, with no particular “semi-custom-fit” moldings…just a plain smooth shell that tucks well back into your ear, and a simple shiny black metal face plate with their logo on one and the Phoenix symbol on the other. They have a budget looking, if perfectly serviceable, QDC type two pin connector sticking out. The included cable, while adequate, is nothing fancy, and neither are the included eartips…but put these iems in your ears and give them enough power, and they are simply amazing.

They do require power to sound their best. It is not a sensitivity issue. They don’t take power to play loud…they take power to bring out the bass and to open up the treble, even at lower volume levels. The difference between running these in regular and high gain mode is very noticeable. They are good with normal gain, but the extra reserves of power available in high gain mode simply bring them to life. The bass gains impact…not volume or quantity but impact and quality. The treble opens out and the sparkles spark. The staging and detail both multiply. The Phenoixs need the a deep fire to really shine. Again we are not talking high volumes here…I don’t ever get my iems loud enough to cause even a hint of discomfort…but even at low volume, high gain seems to make a real difference with the Phoenix’s.

When compared to other iems I have in this same price range, they have much more, and much better bass than the Letshuoer Galileos and a smoother more extended treble as well. The mid-range, vocals and instruments both, are just as fine and refined and as natural sounding as on the Galileo. The Phoenix have way better treble and much more air.

The Kiwi Ears Quartet are a harder comparison. They are very different iems. To my ears, the Kiwi Ears Quartet are still a full, rich, fun sound, with deep, well textured bass, excellent vocals and instrumentals, and decent treble and detail (not everyone, I admit, hears them that way), but the Phoenix is more balanced over all, and more natural sounding, with better timber and detail. The Phoenix bass might not be quite as deep but it is, perhaps, even more impactful and satisfying. I came really close in my review of the Kiwi Ears Quartet to saying I liked the Quartet better overall than the Aful Performer 5…close…but I have no problem saying l like the Phoenix better than the Performer 5.

And there it is. The Phoenix, to my ears, and using the high gain setting on my headphone amp or DAP, has better bass…with more solid impact…than the P5. It has clearer, more open, more forward, vocals and instrumentals, with more detail and sparkle, and it has smoother and more extended treble, with, again, more air. Take a listen to Quratto, the first track on the Robert Plant Alison Krauss Raise the Roof album to hear the balance of male and female vocals and instruments. Or, and I will not be able to say the name of either the artist or the track, but you can see it here. Neither voice is an easy voice to render and the Pheonix does it right. And for a complex more orchestral piece with lots of dynamics try Timothy Cranes The Other Life I Dream/Redemption. On any music I listen to, I prefer the Phoenix over the P5…it is close…but when I have to pick between them, I always reach for the Phoenix these days. And the more listen the more impressed I become. The Phoenix is simply, to my ear, a more satisfying listen. And remember, we are comparing a $109 iem to a $190 on sale, regular price $219 iem.

On the other hand, the Pheonixs don’t have the refinement of the Aful Performer 8…that smooth, effortless, 3 dimensional sound…nor do they have that really extraordinary and hard to describe something of the incredibly detailed Kiwi Ears Quintet, but the P8 is over three times the price of the Pheonix, and the Quintet is twice the price.

The Simgot Phoenix (or EM6L) easily sets, to my ear, a new standard for under $200 iems. This is the one folks…the $100 iem of your dreams…the one that might just spoil you for more expensive iems…it is a market breaker…a market disrupter…a market redefiner. The one to beat, until, of course, someone, probably another company we have barely heard of, beats it.

Until then, if your budget runs to $109, just go buy the Simgot Pheonix. You will not be sorry.

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #42 of 380
Simgot EA1000 graphs via IEC711 coupler. 8 kHz is a coupler peak.

Simgot EA1000.jpg

This IEM has 3 different tuning nozzles to spice up the frequency response.

1 dynamic driver (10mm DMDC) + 1 passive radiator

EDIT:
From brief listening, the EA1000 is a harmanish set, with excellent technicalities for a DD. Good timbre too.
The PR does add a bit of a sub-bass boost in sub-bass predominant tracks, but the bass is still very clean and tight and textured.
Cross-post... (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-17773627)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back