Sleeves // Tips for IEMs (In Ear Monitors) a Ranking!
Jun 24, 2009 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

AnAnalogSpirit

500+ Head-Fier
Here's a short roundup of the best ranking of In Ear Monitor Sleeves that I've tested. For Bass Quantity, InfraHarmonics, Bass Density, and Comfort.

*Best: SONY Hybrid Silicone Sleeves

*Second: Shure Olive Foam Tips

*Third: Phonak Audeo Silicone Sleeves

*Fourth: v-moda BLISS Silicone Sleeves

Fifth: COMPLY Foam Tips

Sixth: Victor Vinyl Sleeves

Seventh: JVC Microfoam Tips

I have tried a few others, but these are the noteworthies. The starred ones I use on purpose, I sometimes use COMPLY, but find my canals too large for the most part... :frowning2: They need to invent larger tips...

The SONY's have the best audio renditon... and they are a new find for moi, the Shure's are the most isolating, the Phonak's the most enjoyable, and the v-moda the most secure fitting and softest. It's always a tossup, but if I had to pick just one, I'd pick the SONY far and away, and they fit on every single one of my IEM's even though it's somewhat of a struggle to get them on some of the stems! Once on though, they don't wiggle // slink off!

Peace.

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #2 of 4
I found the small Complys had fitted my ears perfectly, but were too soft (but with better sound than the other tips included with the SE530) so the stems pressed into the sides of my ear canals. If they were just slightly harder, inbetween themselves and olives, I'd buy them.
Q1) How do the Sony silicones compare to the Shures?
Q2) If they are better, where can I get some online?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back